Banned Photos...

Status
Not open for further replies.
how hard is it to just not look at something you find offensive,or change the dial,or whatever it takes to become un-offended.It takes a lot less effort than complaining to a moderator,that for some reason,you were unable to look away.

Definitely with you on this one. I would add, how hard is it to simply bounce out and never come back to a place you have this big of an issue with.

I had a chat with Wifey in regards to my non photography related posts. If/when a mod decides that I am out of line, I would either get in line or go take some pictures. As fun as this can be and as cool as heck nearly all of you seem; there are alternatives.

I am leaning on the side of the mods and admins because they pretty much are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Pretty sure that sucks for them because I am guessing they are all artists or photographers to even have the unthankful gig.

Would be interesting to see a poll in regards to this topic. Would also be interesting to see how many people would stick around if gun photos were allowed, whether they were considered artistic or not. Would the owners be willing to risk a one month trial?

Last edited:
Trust me when I tell you that I will give your post all of the consideration warranted.

There. Done.

Kathy, how do you feel about the fact (and that's what it apparently is) that you are no longer the person who determines whether or not your work possess any artistic merit? That's one of the things I've taken issue with...
I don't give a ****. That is the point. I am not an artist, I am a person who takes pictures. You either like them or you don't. I enjoy it. It is relaxing, and I make money. End of story.

Then you have no chip in this game.

Accordingly, you're dismissed...
Well...since Steve5D said I am dismissed I must obey. 10/4 big buddy!
As a matter of fact, I had a very active gun thread. We had absolutely no issues what-so-ever. It was respectful, and very enjoyable. The rules/guidelines were followed and no issues came about. Imagine that.

Why MUST the gun pictures be in the general site?
Why couldn't they be posted in the subscribers only area?

That would have two benefits: those of us who have a problem with gun worshipers can ignore it and, because it is behind a paywall, it won't attract groups of people who are attracted by the guns not the artistry.

I am not an artist, I am a person who takes pictures.

I'm so confused, one day you're an professional photographer creating wonderful artistic works and then next day your a hobbyist running around with a P&S.

If people really don't care, then you don't have a dog in this race. The only heat that has come from this subject thus far has been Admins and people with nothing better to do.
What? Your even confusing me. I have never considered myself an artist. I am not a fan of that word being used to describe myself. I don't own a P&S. Oh wait, there might be one in the bottom of a drawer somewhere. I am not a hobbyist, because I make a profit off of photography. Yes, I take pictures.

I am not an artist, I am a person who takes pictures.

I'm so confused, one day you're an professional photographer creating wonderful artistic works and then next day your a hobbyist running around with a P&S.

If people really don't care, then you don't have a dog in this race. The only heat that has come from this subject thus far has been Admins and people with nothing better to do.
What? Your even confusing me. I have never considered myself an artist. I am not a fan of that word being used to describe myself. I don't own a P&S. Oh wait, there might be one in the bottom of a drawer somewhere. I am not a hobbyist, because I make a profit off of photography. Yes, I take pictures.

Hey, weren't you dismissed? Lol

I am leaning on the side of the mods and admins because they pretty much are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Pretty sure that sucks for them because I am guessing they are all artists or photographers to even have the unthankful gig.

Yup.. that's pretty much where I'm at as well, they are trying to make the best of a difficult situation and they really don't deserve the snark.

Would be interesting to see a poll in regards to this topic. Would also be interesting to see how many people would stick around if gun photos were allowed, whether they were considered artistic or not. Would the owners be willing to risk a one month trial?

I wouldn't mind seeing a separate area for this, and should anyone who is majorly opposed to viewing such things wanders in the Ops can simply advise them that they don't need to be in that area if they can't remain civil. I think in the long run that would be the best solution for everyone, you wouldn't need any mercurial standards as to what is photography related and what isn't and the enforcement side of things would be a whole lot easier.

Why MUST the gun pictures be in the general site?

That would have two benefits: those of us who have a problem with gun worshipers can ignore it and, because it is behind a paywall, it won't attract groups of people who are attracted by the guns not the artistry.

Gun worshiper, thanks Lew, I expected more from you. Why should I have to pay in order to post photos I like while you get to post what you like for free?

I'm not sure I want to be apart of a closed minded community that chooses to call me names because of the legal things I collect and photograph. As someone once said, the Internet is a Big place, I'm already a member of another photography forum that allows photos and discussion of Firearms. I don't need to be here.

Oh crap. Yes.

...and some folks wonder why threads get locked down. Geez. I have 3 shotguns, 3 rifles and 5 handguns and I don't feel the slightest need to post photos of them here. If I wanted to build a set with a bottle of whiskey, spilled shot glass, deck of cards and maybe a pocket watch, my 1911 and a couple loose rounds would fit in there nicely, but if I just want to show off my guns, this isn't the place.

My two cents...no charge...You're welcome. Can I now be dismissed to?

I have two tickets to the gun show if any ladies are interested.

Most of the membership does not subscribe, and "nudes and guns" is never going to be a big enough motivator to change that.

Oh crap. Yes.

It's cool, your more than welcome to hang out with me on the Group W bench.. lol

I don't give a ****. That is the point. I am not an artist, I am a person who takes pictures. You either like them or you don't. I enjoy it. It is relaxing, and I make money. End of story.

Then you have no chip in this game.

Accordingly, you're dismissed...
Well...since Steve5D said I am dismissed I must obey. 10/4 big buddy!
As a matter of fact, I had a very active gun thread. We had absolutely no issues what-so-ever. It was respectful, and very enjoyable. The rules/guidelines were followed and no issues came about. Imagine that.

Link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back