be honest :)

mentos_007 said:
PFFFFF you won't belive that but... I've just got home from a Valentine's Day... date... and it is 9.30 pm... I had to be at this time so I wanted to avoid another confrontation....

Well Mintily gorgeous one...I think this just reaffirms the idea that it is time you moved out on your own.......the camera will come in due time.....I just know it will!!!:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

has yet to hapen i am tweve hte closesest thing was go to a movie, but onley bevcaus i wanted to se the movie, dodge ball one of my favoret movies, patches ohulahan

I met my girlfirend in the November, and believe it or not I proposed in the December ... actually on the 31st at about 11pm ..... I'd known her for a few years before we went out as a couple then we started dating ... in November as I said then we went away for his June we been Married 15 years ... together about 18/19 years this November ...

Mind you my Mum HATED my ex's ..... lol and it was a case of be careful as yo uare too young to get caught by someone that isn't worth it. Damn Mothers are right sometimes .... ;)

I ened up with a good 'un :)

Well I'm 20 and my boyfriend is 29, when I first told my folks I was going out with him that was when they first found out that he even existed... oh and that he lived in London and me in Ireland. So the shock of not knowing and the age difference I think sent them into a panic but at the end of the day they could see I was happy and had to trust me. They met my boyfriend very soon after and realised that he wasn't a rapist/perverted/paedophilic axe murder etc and have grown to like him very much! I'm telling you this because I recently read your post about the older guy so I figure thats maybe who you're talking about.

Anyway... my boyfriend being in London anall, the only way I could visit him was by travelling over there and staying for a weekend etc. I think it was about 2 weeks after they first met him that I went to visit him in London, I think I would have been 18 at the time. I'm sure, in fact I'm positive that they were uncomfortable about it, but... they have to learn to trust you. Technically you're an adult at 18 and although you probably shouldn't go throwing that in their face (since they already know its true), thats how it is. The best way is just to have a chat with them, tell them you know what your doing and that they have to let you grow up and to trust you.

My parents have admitted to being very weary at the start, but that they just needed time to adjust, they're only looking out for your best interests thats the main thing to remember...however unfair it may seem!
It'll all work out!

Most reactions

Back