Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nikon D7000
f/6.3
1/200 seconds

The beautiful Mandy.....

If you want to see more of the session you can do it in: http://www.facebook.com/josecabrerafotografia

z31g.jpg

Hmmm... I like everything about this one EXCEPT for the way her legs appear; her kneeling position and the water make her look like an amputee.

Sweet! Can I ask what the lighting setup was for this? Just trying to learn.

Thanks!

Regards,
Jake

You'll learn better if you first take a guess ;)

Where are the shadows, where are the "hot" spots on the model? Are there any catchlights in her eyes, and if so where are they? Careful looking will tell you where the lights are. Watch out, not every light will make a catchlight, and some lights will mostly create a "bright" spot in a moderately small area, which other lights might mostly cast shadows, and still others will do both.

How soft are the edges? This will tell you how diffuse the lights are.

You'll learn better if you first take a guess ;)

Where are the shadows, where are the "hot" spots on the model? Are there any catchlights in her eyes, and if so where are they? Careful looking will tell you where the lights are. Watch out, not every light will make a catchlight, and some lights will mostly create a "bright" spot in a moderately small area, which other lights might mostly cast shadows, and still others will do both.

How soft are the edges? This will tell you how diffuse the lights are.

My guess? A large soft light from camera-right (given the shadow from the hair). Also some sort of light directly behind the camera or slightly camera left for fill. And the sun I'm assuming is from behind, given her leg shadows on the water.

How close am I?

Regards,
Jake

"Oh Mandy well,
You came and you gave without taking,
But I sent you away.
Oh, Mandy well,
You kissed me and stopped me from shaking,
And I need you today.
Oh, Mandy!"

Mr. Barry Manilow :wink:

Well done Jose , I like the lighting and don't at all mind that she is kneeling . Pretty girl .

Heck if I know how close you are for sure, but I see two quite diffuse lights, up above the model (one on each side), and far enough back to avoid putting catchlights in her eyes. One of them might be the sun behind some clouds I dare say. They're not equally diffuse.

Let's see the the OP will tell us how close we are!

Thank you all for the visits and comments. Indeed there are two lights in this picture. One is the sun to my left and up, blurred by the clouds that day and another to my right which is an external flash with umbrella translucent blur. Nothing more ....

Most reactions

Back