kdhutch55

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
One of my favorite places. Great childhood memories

Attachments

• $image-2438808310.jpg
    $image-2438808310.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 84
Your title jumped out at me - great memories for me, as well! It's been a long time. Do you still take a "Bob-lo" boat to get out there? That's what they used to call them, as I recall. :)

Pretty day!

Your title jumped out at me - great memories for me, as well! It's been a long time. Do you still take a "Bob-lo" boat to get out there? That's what they used to call them, as I recall. :)

Pretty day!
Belle Isle's got a bridge, and has for as long as I can remember. Bob-Lo's long gone, and so are it's boats. :(

Boblo Island Amusement Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
awww....that's a shame. Getting there really WAS half the fun! Of course, I remember the last time I was on one, we were able to lean over the rails and count the dead fish floating in the water. :puke: That was perhaps around the time Lake Erie caught on fire. At least something caught the attention of river keepers, and now it's a better place.

I just read that the Belle Isle Aquarium, shut down quite a few years ago, has reopened: Belle Isle Aquarium officially reopened in Detroit | MLive.com I can remember my dad taking me to see it for the first time when I was maybe 5 or 6 years old.

I have a lot of Boblo memories from when I was a kid too. I think the last time I went, I was maybe 9 years old. We always caught the boat in Wyandotte.

Memories jogged by this thread, I was just watching the Faygo commercial that was done on the Boblo boat:

Detroit and Belle Isle are great places to visit and shoot. I've shot a lot of photos that I really like on and from Belle Isle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Back