Best baby of 2014 so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was rude..
Well I'm sorry you took it as rude. Do you think YOU think you have equal skill/knowledge/talent? That your photos are of equal quality? Sometimes the truth hurts. But I do think you are off to a really good start. Honest, I really do, don't hate me ::hugs::

Would it be ok if I hate you then? Nothing personal, I've just got a lot of misplaced rage.

Oh.. wait.. here it is. Fell down behind the couch. Ok, were good. Nevermind.. lol
Sure, I'm a mom + wife. I'm used to taking peoples misplaced rage LOL

Yes I hope everyone reads that thread you linked to. Why on earth would those photos (while cute, far less in quality) get such great reviews and these professional quality photos get such bad ones...hmmm....I don't have to think hard about that one....

Well that was rude..
Well I'm sorry you took it as rude. Do you think YOU think you have equal talent? That your photos are of equal quality? Sometimes the truth hurts. But I do think you are off to a really good start. Honest, I really do, don't hate me ::hugs::

I didn't put my comment up to say I was in equal competition with this other photographer, you stated how you didn't like bullies and that comment seemed a bit mean spirited to me since I haven't even held an SLR for a year yet. I'm a huge newb and that's ok. I would have appreciated it if you gave me some pointers in image quality instead though :) This photographer has beautiful work that's for sure, but my thread wasn't put up here to challenge her overall work. Someone posted it because they liked the way I naturally positioned the baby. Kuddos for standing your ground with this photographer though, there truthfully are some not so nice reviews that get taken too far and I have had my fair share given to me.

I still want to know where anyone in this thread said that corries photos were not good...

Also, why feel the need to post someone's else's pictures here and imply that they are not as good as the OP's.... based on your opinion? that isn't rude?

Nowadays it is even not recommended to have ANYTHING in the crib. Can't have blanket (unless you swaddle the baby with it), cant have stuffed animal, cant have pillow. I didn't follow the rules though.
These people would flip if they saw how I slept with my babies. In my bed, in between two adults and...PILLOWS...oh the horror.

You two don't do it much anymore eh ;). My triplets always sleep in their own beds. I don't want them to sleep with us. I don't want them to get used to sleep with us. We need OUR time lol.

Well that was rude..
Well I'm sorry you took it as rude. Do you think YOU think you have equal skill/knowledge/talent? That your photos are of equal quality? Sometimes the truth hurts. But I do think you are off to a really good start. Honest, I really do, don't hate me ::hugs::

Would it be ok if I hate you then? Nothing personal, I've just got a lot of misplaced rage.

Oh.. wait.. here it is. Fell down behind the couch. Ok, were good. Nevermind.. lol

Glad you found it lmao you are such an ass.

I thought the photos were awesome, minus my petty grumbling about props and ribbons in hair and stuff. :)

I know you didn't ask that, but I'd just like to go on record. :)

Sure, I'm a mom + wife. I'm used to taking peoples misplaced rage LOL

Well I don't mind if you take it with you, I'm sure it would probably enjoy a nice walk. Pretty cold out still though, let me see if I can find a little sweater that will fit it.. lol

Well that was rude..
Well I'm sorry you took it as rude. Do you think YOU think you have equal talent? That your photos are of equal quality? Sometimes the truth hurts. But I do think you are off to a really good start. Honest, I really do, don't hate me ::hugs::

I didn't put my comment up to say I was in equal competition with this other photographer, you stated how you didn't like bullies and that comment seemed a bit mean spirited to me since I haven't even held an SLR for a year yet. I'm a huge newb and that's ok. I would have appreciated it if you gave me some pointers in image quality instead though :) This photographer has beautiful work that's for sure, but my thread wasn't put up here to challenge her overall work. Someone posted it because they liked the way I naturally positioned the baby. Kuddos for standing your ground with this photographer though, there truthfully are some not so nice reviews that get taken too far and I have had my fair share given to me.
Amber, I would have done the same for you. You got really great critique. You got really good "atta girls" + some helpful criticism which we ALL need. We all need to know that our work is "good" that people like it! So imagine the hurt when every.single.comment. is negative!! Every time you post!! I really hope you don't take it personal. Take it at face value. You ARE doing great :). I did not search out you/your thread. It was linked here by someone else; not because of your posing. But because you supposedly handled criticism with grace. When the op did not...supposedly

Last edited:
I still want to know where anyone in this thread said that corries photos were not good...

Also, why feel the need to post someone's else's pictures here and imply that they are not as good as the OP's.... based on your opinion? that isn't rude?

The point is that NO ONE SAID THEY WERE???!!!!

And I did NOT link them. That was someone else. Read rmy response. I did however, make a comment about the link, after it was thrown at me :D.

The point is that NO ONE SAID THEY WERE???!!!!

And I did NOT link them. That was someone else. Read rmy response. I did however, make a comment about the link, after it was thrown at me :D.

Are you serious?
Did you not read this thread from the beginning? Did you not read my posts? Where I went over EVERY good thing on this set?
Or any number of other posts that said these were great photos? EVERY ONE who commented said they were good photos.

For the record, I posted Amber's pictures. However, I posted them as an example because it was said that women photographers don't get respect. I was NOT posting them to say they are not as good as the OP's (in fact, I happen to think they are just as good).

The poses in this all look really awkward and uncomfortable. The baby looks too big for the props and so the neck is bent at a weird angle - especially in numer 3.. The body is twisted in the first one.

You are a professional, I am not. However, I am a physician, and I would think very very hard about how you pose infants in the future. The positioning of the head and neck on most of these is dangerous at best. Beautiful images but I would be very deliberate in the future to try to maintain the airway and spinal column in as neutral a position as possible. My 2 cents.

Why all landscape? Some of those seem like they want to be portrait.

The quality of your images and lighting seem very nice.

I'm not a pro baby photog either, but I agree with some of the previous comments. I also reeeeeeeeeeeeally don't like the whole cutesy baby image thing that people do these days... all the props and stuff. So, I'm biased.

Man that baby looks uncomfortable. Try going for a more delicate look and study on more baby poses. Try pinterest!

first responses.

They were not thrown at you Paige. They were posted as a direct rebuttal to your comment that women photographers don't get any respect. But then, you have chosen to ignore each and every comment that was directed at you that did not fit your agenda. I posted them, and I happen to think they are just as good as the OP's. You were the one that slammed them.

Last edited:
Women photographers dont get respect here.... of course...because Sharon, or Limr, or Kay-thor, or PixelRabbit, or LaPhoto don't get ANY respect around here....

Women photographers dont get respect here.... of course...because Sharon, or Limr, or Kay-thor, or PixelRabbit, or LaPhoto don't get ANY respect around here....

I did not say that. I said its hard to get respect. Which I am sure they would all agree with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back