Best Camera for $300

NOTHING is wrong with point and shoots. That might be your best bet so you can enjoy europe and not have to worry about learning your camera. I'm an analyst so I understand technology a little bit better than most and it still took me a while to learn camera. I did a butt load of research though!

There is always auto mode though!

lol true. Still kind of dissapointed to think that a month from now I could easily have enough to buy an XTi brand new from adorama. Still I must do with what I have now. The good thing is buying a less expensive camera will also give me a chance to see whether photography is for before running out and spending hundreds of dollars.

I will bring up something I mentioned in a previous thread

I've seen an entire book of photos that were all taken with camera phones. Some of the most interesting shots.

I'm steady as a marbel on on a trampoline with kids jumping on it(meaning not steady in case you didn't get that) and that's why i chose SLR.

I've decided I am going to go with the A720 IS. Quick question though. My trip is going to last 15 days with little access to computers. How big of a memory stick should I get. I'm going to Amsterdam, Paris, and Barcelona so there will probably be a lot of pictures.

how many mp is that camera?

I have an 8 gig card and paid around 100 for it. I'd recommend no less than 1 gb probably.

the 720 is a 8mp camera. Really 1 gb should be enough for hundreds of photos?

Also I've started lurking again for XTs. Came close to getting on on ebay for about 360 but my last bid came too late.

Also looking into NewEggs preferred account and seeing how long the application process takes. If that works I can get an XTi and not have to pay for it for 6 months(more than enough time to pay it off fully).

My cheap digital just took a dump so I am now shopping for a new one. I guess these XTs are the way to go?

I consider them the starting DSLR. There might be others but thats the one I always hear about.

the 720 is a 8mp camera. Really 1 gb should be enough for hundreds of photos?

A 1G card gives you 271 images at full resolution. You could get a 4G card for about $20, then not have to worry about how many shots you take on your trip.

If you did consider using a credit card and pay it off when you get the money, you can get one on Amazon.com. I just got a new Rebel XT and 2G memory card for 469.00 w/ free 2 day shipping. I believe you can sign up for the card and use it on that purchase that exact time.

Good luck camera shopping! :)

Since I've never had a credit card before and have never made any huge purchases(house, car, etc) I don't have a credit history so I can't really be approved for anything.

Not to shabby. If you had more time you probably could have found a better deal. but xmas of 2006 I paid around $700 for that same kit from a walk in Wolf Camera store for my girl.

I tried watching as many as I could and this is the cheapest one I saw besides one that went for $360 a few days ago. Usually they shoot up about $400 +.

Still, I can't wait to get my hands on it.

I was thinking more along the lines of watching forums for a deal which could take a very long time.

I think you got a good deal, does it come with a CF card? what about all the software and the neck strap?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back