Best Camera for $300

No card so I'll have to pick up one for cheap.

As to the other stuff. It says NIB so im going to assume everything that comes in the regular box comes in there(the software,strap,etc)

XT is a good camera. I still fiddle with my womans every once in a while. Buying hers is what convinced me I needed one.

Good luck and post up some pics when you get it.

With that kit lens stop down to f8 for much sharper results.

The XT takes Compact Flash cards, not SD cards.

I use these and get around 100 RAW files on my 10D
http://www.adorama.com/IDS1GBUC2F.html?searchinfo=cf card&item_no=1

whoops, thanks for correcting me. Gonna look into that but something with higher capacity. I know the sandisk ones are probably the best ( I buy those and the sony branded ones when buying memory stick pro duo's) but is the kingston brand that bad? Sorry its just that I was already slightly over the budget with the camera so trying to keep the card,bag, and cleaning kit inexpensive.

Will this one do?

http://www.adorama.com/KGCF4GEP.html?searchinfo=compact flash&item_no=13

Make sure you are considering speeds of the cards. The 1gig card my camera came with is twice as slow as the 8 gig ultra that I bought.

Personally I dont need huge cards. I could probably get away with having 2 2gb cards. One would probably mostly be in the card reader and the other in the camera switching as needed. currently I think I have 1 2gb, and 4 1 gb cards and rarely use more than two in an outing.

Once Ive filled a card, the only thing I think about is the slow process of going through 100+ pics and editing lol, I usually slow down after that.

I shoot in RAW and at 8 gigs it holds 900 pictures.

Question about your Elan.

I looked up specs and the 1v(Film) compares to(IMHO) the 1ds(Digital).

Would you say the Elan is relatively close to the 5d?

I'm looking in getting into Film mainly because the price of a high level digital will buy me a few EOS 1v. Plus i'd have a proper packup system. Mainly doing portrait style photos.

Heres a picture of it next to my 10D size wise they are very close, and the controls feel very similar. The build quality of the elan is much more similar to the XT since the body is plastic. Ive never held a 5D but I would hope for the price it feels as solid or better thanmy 10D
cameras1.jpg

900 RAW files? I would hate to have to sit down and edit all those lol.

Well I only take around 100-200 before I start going through them. I'll probably end up with 50 I keep for long term storage.

My 10D feels like a tank, it feels beefier than the 20D 30D and 40Ds Ive held at best buy almost feels like it was made of cast Iron after a long day especially with the grip and a 70-200 on there.

5D is magnesium right? I bet its pretty heavy too, my elan feels like a point and shoot in comparison the batteries are smaller, there are less electronic parts in there the body is plastic and film is not heavy. I love holding it, and the view finder is much easier to look through.

I would recomend the fuji film s5700, its relitively cheap around $300-350 depending were you get it. you can buy a couple lens for cheap like $60 bucks, and your going to need a memory card, some recharable batterys a good case and lots of time

$300 camera, huh? Sounds like a stretch except .........

I offered my D40X kit complete minus lens on here for the astounding price of $300 (including extra battery, SD card, and some other extras) and nobody would touch it!!!!

I don't know if people thought I was scamming or what but I had that listed here for weeks without any bites. Eventually I got over $400 for it on ebay.

So I guess my point is: when that great deal that everyone is looking for comes along, will you jump on it or be afraid you're being conned?

Most reactions

Back