Birds are hard!!! Not sure how you all do it.

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took a ton of shots of birds and ended up with this as my favorite.

Squir2 by SharonCat..., on Flickr

DarkShadow

Birdographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
No doubt birds are a serious challenge unless there stuffed.Don't give up before the rewards it can be frustrating especially if you short on patience but when you get a good one its sweetness.Patience is virtue. Well squirrels are springy things to and can be tough to capture on the move and you got the squirrel and its a nice shot. I think all photography is challenging and just because something is not flying don't make it any easer. I maybe able to shoot some birds but I sure can't shoot a wedding or portrait or a model shoot with out practice and practice and practice for a lifetime.A goldmine would help to,to get everything one needs for the task.

Last edited:
OP
SquarePeg

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I did get 2 bird photos that I like but they are not the sweet bird close ups that all the TPF birders get.

This one reminded me of 3 pals just hanging out:
Birds2 by SharonCat..., on Flickr

And this one I really liked the one bird just standing on the ice watching the other fly away and it was the one shot where I felt that the bird was sharp:
Birds1 by SharonCat..., on Flickr

spiralout462

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I curse myself almost every day I decide to shoot birds! I tell my wife the same things you mention. "Look at this, honey! How the hell does he do it?" :)

OP
SquarePeg

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I curse myself almost every day I decide to shoot birds! I tell my wife the same things you mention. "Look at this, honey! How the hell does he do it?" :)

I was out there to take some landscape photos and had my new 70-300 with me so decided to try to catch a few birds. I am definitely not going to get addicted to birding. I'm not I'm not I'm not.

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Took a ton of shots of birds and ended up with this as my favorite.

SharonCat..., on Flickr
If it makes you feel any better I have flirted with birding as well. Below is an example of a great situation where 2 birds were on the opposite bank of a lake but would not turn round to face me and of course they flew away. I even started to make funny noises to see if they would look at me.

done1.jpg

Every time I try to capture some bird pics I just get more impressed by the people who can actually do it.

Most reactions