Birds at the Lake

Tiller

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went fishing but the fish weren't biting so I broke out the camera. Here's just a few quick edits. I haven't properly gone through all of them yet. Enjoy!

IMG_3183 by tsmcdona, on Flickr

IMG_3169 by tsmcdona, on Flickr

IMG_3394 by tsmcdona, on Flickr

C&C welcome!

Photoshop out those two power lines, ease the highlights, then print it and hang on your wall!

No photoshop I'm afraid :/ But thanks!

Photoshop out those two power lines, ease the highlights, then print it and hang on your wall!

I agree with PropilotBW, the power lines have to go. I like how the smoothness of the water seems to fit with the motion of the GBH in the first one. Maybe crop some water out on the bottom? Nice capture in flight of the Pelican in #2. #3 is my favorite. I wonder if it is cropped, what was to the right side?

Thanks! Here's another one similar to the third. Stupid power lines :grumpy:

This should also answer your question JacaRanda

IMG_3392 by tsmcdona, on Flickr

Don't be afraid to raise your iso to get a higher shutter speed for flying birds. #1 would have benefited from a faster s/s. #2 looks great (a touch faster s/s would have made it even sharper. #3 I use a program called photoscape. It is free and has a simple clone tool. If you download it, just watch out for some stupid tool bar. Uncheck the box. It is a good free basic program if you are on a PC.. PhotoScape - CNET Download.com

No photoshop I'm afraid :/ But thanks!

With a sky that beautiful and clear blue, taking out power lines is no difficult task at all! Look into getting something basic, but powerful, like Photoshop Elements.

About 90-seconds in Adobe Fireworks...:)

$8542157685_9d22e0c3b1_b.jpg

About 5-minutes...

$8544129648_9f47b8dcc6_b.jpg

Enjoy! :D

Last edited:
Wow! That's amazing. Ill look into getting something like that. I'm about to purchase Lightroom so maybe that should be next on my list. That does make a huge difference.

And thanks for the advice coastalconn. This is only the first trip of many, so I will put that into action next time!

Most reactions

Back