Bland picture

dmatsui

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
dmatsui.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am very unfamiliar with edditing my pictures after i have taken them. I use photoshop cs2 and am generally familiar with the controls however getting photoshop to do what i want is a different matter. Or even deciding whether or not it can be done.
Anyway i generally care for the image i have taken below however the picture seems rather bland. The lighting conditions werent fabulous but where i live thats just something i have to put up with we dont get much sun, it's mostly grey and overcast. I'm wondering if there is anything i can do in post to make the picture look less bland. In other words if you had taken this picture what would you do to improve open it. You dont need to put the effort in of actually editing it, i'm more than happy on trying out your suggestions.

DSC_6101copy.jpg

I really like the edit. If I may ask, how long did it take, and how did you do it? Did you clone the clouds from another pic? Please explain. I'm fluent in photoshop, but nowhere near that good. The next course in my photo major line-up is advanced image editing, so hopefully that will help, but could you please explain, in detaiL?

It took about an hour or an hour and a half. I did use clouds from another picture, I usually just google them if I havent taken a good cloud photo myself. I've actually never taken any editing/photoshop classes so explaining stuff is kind of difficult for me. Usually when Im working on photo Im all over the place, trial and error and layers apon layers of work, which I do keep so I can go back and figure out with I did. Ill have to write it up for you and send it. Haha

Well I could do the sky and the light spot, and the color change and such, and the clouds to i suppose if i really took my time. (I usually dont have the patience for that much cloning lol). How did you get the I guess you'd call them sparkles.

Yeah I made my own brush and set it to scatter, fade, and a couple other things I cant remember you'd just have to play with it to see what you like. Then I gave them and inner and outer glow, the outer glow with a different color. Then In a new layer I added a bit more sparklies but this time I set the opacity down to about 40.

I like the picture, good job. I would never expect sparkles out of that kind of picture, but i like it.

@ DarknGorgeous -
Nice! I really like the colors.

@ Dmatsui -
Here's another interpretation...

original.jpg

Before:

original.jpg

@ DarknGorgeous -
Nice! I really like the colors.

@ Dmatsui -
Here's another interpretation...

original.jpg

Oh WOW that is beautiful. Is it difficult to edit like this?

Hello, I'm new to Photoshop and hope you don't mind if I used your OP as a challenge. Anyway, this is the result of my basic Photoshop bungling:

DSC_6101copy.jpg

Hello, I'm new to Photoshop and hope you don't mind if I used your OP as a challenge. Anyway, this is the result of my basic Photoshop bungling:

DSC_6101copy.jpg

Oooops :lmao: I've been away too long :er:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back