Boring old flowers?

pvclobster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I spent the day yesterday at some indoor gardens, which meant lots of gorgeous plants to shoot. But I know flower shots get old quickly, so I tried to get some variety. How'd I do? Feel free to tell me they're boring if they are. I'm having trouble viewing them as photographs and not just remembering the really cool plants they represent.

5389038099_f8185c9865_z.jpg

5389634836_21a3d845a6_z.jpg

5389616272_61bce270cc_z.jpg

5388986595_f64966c460_z.jpg

5389587150_ec8ed389f6_z.jpg

Every beginner begins with flowers I think :lol: I know I sure shot one too many.

But your pictures are good. Good composition & lighting. #4 is my favorite and #2 is at the bottom for me.

The top one is my favourite.

And the second photograph, I love that you can see a reflection in the... is it a water droplet?
It makes it that bit more interesting that you have a reflection in there.
I like them :D x

I like them. The last one is boring, but I really like focus point in #2. I guess there isnt much originality in the rest of the series, but still pleasing to look at nonetheless.

1. Pretty unique orchid. I think I'd like it better if the top petal wasnt nipped off by the top edge. If you could have done something about the big green leaf in the back, like pushed it out of the way for a minute or angled the shot differently, that would have been better too.

2. I'd prefer deeper dof.

3. Well I can't find anything wrong with it. :) However, it's not a "wow" shot. But I dont know how you could have made it that way. Fat lot of help I am, eh?

4. The purple box in the background wrecks it for me, unfortunately.

5. I'm not a fan of straight up texture shots, usually, so I'm not really sure how to go about CCing this...

:) All together, theyre nice. I work at one of these type of places in the summer. I like plants, so these photos make me happy.

Yeah, it's a water droplet.

Thanks for all the thoughts on the backgrounds, what I clipped, etc. I definitely was limited because of the way plants were situated at the gardens, but I probably could have thought about that stuff a bit more.

You're right, the depth of field is too shallow in #2-didn't realize that until I got home. Anyone have advice on how to tell how much is in focus when looking at a tiny little screen on the back of a camera?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back