brushes with greatness...

define greatness. i've seen several notable personalities.

i had lunch with John Glenn. does that count ravenapril?

Corinna, let me have the letter!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on, give it up!

I've met quite a few celebs, I guess I've had good timing.
Movie peeps: Vince Vaughn(very tall), Jon Favro(sp?), Rory Cochran, Arnold "the terminator", Jeremy London, Lyle Lovett, the guy that played Ralphie in "A Christmas Story" Peter Billingsly, Amy Jo Johnson, Jay Leno, Bruce Penhall(he was Johns replacement on CHiPs).
Sports peeps: Jeremy McGrath, Ricky Carmichael and several other motorcross guys, Mitch Gaylord (1984 Olympic goldmedalist)
Oh, I was with PG when she met Tim Mcgraws band.
I think there was a few more, but I can't remember right now.

I think it's awesome you have this letter, Corinna. :thumbup:

But....in a drawer....? I'd have it properly mounted for archival stability and frame that bad boy.

Tell you what, you could FedEx it overnight to me, and I'd be more than happy to take care of it for you. :) How would that be?

terri said:
I think it's awesome you have this letter, Corinna. :thumbup:

But....in a drawer....? I'd have it properly mounted for archival stability and frame that bad boy.

Tell you what, you could FedEx it overnight to me, and I'd be more than happy to take care of it for you. :) How would that be?

stay out of this....geez, you're like bace, jumping in on someone elses action.

JonMikal said:
stay out of this....geez, you're like bace, jumping in on someone elses action.
Hate to tell ya, you had no action. This letter is between me and Corinna now. Scram! :lol:

terri said:
Hate to tell ya, you had no action. This letter is between me and Corinna now. Scram! :lol:

:lmao: im currently on IM discussing shipping.....thief!

Neither of you is getting MY letter by Sir Paul! So there :greenpbl:
It is MINE. MINE alone!

LaFoto said:
Neither of you is getting MY letter by Sir Paul! So there :greenpbl:
It is MINE. MINE alone!

terri, PM me, looks like we need to plan a trip to germany :greenpbl:

Ts!
What would YOU TWO do with a letter that starts with the words "Dear Corinna"? Hm?

The most famous people i have ever met were The Good Brothers. I doubt most people here have beard of them, they are a Canadian folk band. They are my second cousins so I spent the weekend kickin with them and jamming. It was pretty fun

LaFoto said:
Ts!
What would YOU TWO do with a letter that starts with the words "Dear Corinna"? Hm?

sell it on ebay for a few thousand? :blushing:

No-no-no-no-noooooo. Then you would bid for it and GET it in the end. And have already said "NO" to that! So I can't run that risk!

It ends in "Linda and I send our best wishes for a great evening."

What is that to you? Nothing. See?
So why have that letter. I have it. It is MINE. MINE. MINE!

LaFoto said:
No-no-no-no-noooooo. Then you would bid for it and GET it in the end. And have already said "NO" to that! So I can't run that risk!

It ends in "Linda and I send our best wishes for a great evening."

What is that to you? Nothing. See?
So why have that letter. I have it. It is MINE. MINE. MINE!

stop fighting this....

hmm I haven't met anyone really famous. I've met a few tv personalities in australia when I was a bit younger. And I met a famous radio presenter/comedian last year.

But I'm famous now too!!! I got to do a recording for hold music... (don't worry I wasn't singing! :shock: ) But I was a 'single mum who wanted to get back in the work force'. It was the hold music for a job agency and I had to read a few lines and get paid a lot for it. Easiest and most paid work I've ever done. I love radio... ahhhh. :lovey:

I have a letter to me from Margaret Thatcher on Downing Street notepaper.
It's dated only a month or so from her first election win so it is signed by her.
Later on she just got her secretary to pp letters so this one is quite rare.

Though I have something even rarer:
A hardback first edition of Ripping Yarns scripts signed by the writers, Terry Jones and Michael Palin. It's the only copy in existence that they have both signed because they told me.
I see it as my children's pension :lol:

Most reactions

Back