brushes with greatness...

aprilraven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
ok, its monday, and i need a lift..so..

i thought, how bout we could tell our brushes with greatness...who in todays celebrity world have you met face to face...
since i live in arkansas...yes i have met bill clinton...several times..but who hasnt..?

the big one is when i was 14, i went to my first concert...AEROSMITH!
and back then...(mid 70's) you could stand at the stage...and i was on a guys shoulders, (that was cool then, too..) and steven tyler, lead singer of aerosmith, pulled me up on stage during a song.. and kissed me full on the lips..( well..his lips.. my lips, nose, chin,cheeks..and an ear to be exact!!)

just became the worlds most important 8th grader at my school!! :headbang:

almost 27 yrs later, i went to see aerosmith again...up in the balcony over looking the stage..and watched steven tyler pull other girls on stage, so i know he did that with millions... but for a brief moment in time, i was so the rocker chick!!!

so...whats your brushes with greatness...who have you met in person???
(if ya'll have done this recently forgive me.....)

aprilraven said:
..( well..his lips.. my lips, nose, chin,cheeks..and an ear to be exact!!)

does that qualify as a swirly?! :lmao:

I can't think of any ... so there must not be any, aside from Mr. Clinton, but when you work for a lobbyist ... you meet all kinds.

I ran into Angus Young (AC/DC) one night before a concert. Funny ... creepy at first. He was in a trench coat, beard, and hat, just milling through the crowd. Turns out, they all were. They walked from one side of the arena to the other and I happened to bump into him. Stopped, began to apologize and stopped breathing. He winked, tugged on the beard and kept walking. That was so cool.

Also got Richie Sambora and Jon BonJovi to wave at me. Unable to give too many details as it's a PG site ... but they waved at me ... and the girls ...;) .

Once, I made a grilled cheese sandwich, and when I flipped the sandwich, there was a picture of carmen electra cooked into the bread. I swear.

No seriously.

Can't say I have ever really met any celeb.
Saw an actress (German, hence not known to any of you) in a restaurant in Berlin one day, and a politician in Bonn Railway Station (that was at the time when Bonn was still our capital), but both only from afar.
I have a letter by Paul McCartney in my drawer...

LaFoto said:
Can't say I have ever really met any celeb.
Saw an actress (German, hence not known to any of you) in a restaurant in Berlin one day, and a politician in Bonn Railway Station (that was at the time when Bonn was still our capital), but both only from afar.
I have a letter by Paul McCartney in my drawer...

can i have it?

I met Dave Grohl a couple of weeks ago. He was staying at the same hotel I was at in Grand Rapids. He was pretty cool. Much taller than I expected.

I have met a number of sports people. Most where pretty nice.

I was in Seattle with some friends walking around before an Apocalyptica concert, and we turned the corner and bumped into the whole band. They're actually really nice guys! Just said hi, and excuse me basically... but yeah, that's about it.

JonMikal said:
can i have it?

NEVER!

It's mine! Mine! MINE!

Sorry :hugs: , but ... you must understand....... :hug::

I talked to Matt Dillon on the phone back in like 1989. I didn't believe it was him while we we're speaking. I then got a polaroid from my boyfriend at the time who was hanging out with him. It's a pic of the two of them. We actually spoke for 20 minutes or so....I was also on the Howard Stern show, actually a very nice man....

Verbal said:
I was in Seattle with some friends walking around before an Apocalyptica concert, and we turned the corner and bumped into the whole band. They're actually really nice guys! Just said hi, and excuse me basically... but yeah, that's about it.

You just became really cool. I love that group. :D

I don't know if it was fortune or fate but being stationed at Ramstein before, we had USO tours that came through from time to time and we had the chance to meet a few people. We had Ja-Rule, J-Lo and Kid Rock come through a few years ago and I had lunch with Kid Rock (who is really tall) and was one of the best acting famous people I've seen. He spent the entire week going and meeting people on base and really getting to know the people there. He was very interested in what we were there doing. J-Lo was only in public twice the entire week and both times were for under half an hour each. I didn't see Ja-Rule until the concert...he was a hermit the entire week.

Having worked in the food industry for quite awhile (a long time ago in a galaxy far far away) I've met all sorts of musicians and pro athletes, but most of them are far from anything resembling "great". However I did meet the Ultimate Warrior, years after he retired and became a gym owner. He was nothing but cool and was suprised I recognized him without his 'warrior' garb :wink:

The_Ultimate_Warrior_-_James_Hellwig_07.jpg

Well...I have had a couple of brushes with greatness.

I did meet Bace....

But my alltime brush with greatness was a few years ago. I was heading downtown one day and heard on the radio that Gene Simmons of KISS was in town doing a book signing. Being a huge KISS fan, I found the store, and took my place in line after purchasing his book. It took me 4 hours of waiting to get to finally meet The God of Thunder. When he stood up to shake my hand, he stood over me. Im 6'1", and he is about 6'5" But just the coolest guy and I was pretty nervous. I still cannot remember what I said to him. He signed my book and I got to have my pic taken with him, before I was shooed off.
One person I have always wanted to meet was Neil Peart(drummer for RUSH) He was a huge inspiration for me during my musical journey.

malachite....Ultimate Warrior Rocked!!!

ok, malachite...i have no idea who he is, but if i could meet him, i think i would die happy....

chiller......gene simmons???? yeah...greatness.... heck yeah...that rocks...!

anicole.....bonjovi?? the girls..? are we talking flashing by any chance????

to add.... i have also met two wrestlers...my brother had them at his house waiting for them to go on stage later that night..one was hardcore hollie?? the other was Kane.he had the mask and all for the stage..huge kinda guy.. huge.. and got in the floor and played with my son.. wrastled with him.....they had a blast.. and could not have been nicer or more soft spoken....unreal.... ( if your a bit southern, you know its wrastlin', not wrestling.... but... used both to clarify..!!) sorry...please..continue...

Chiller said:
Well...I have had a couple of brushes with greatness.

I did meet Bace....

:mrgreen:

Chiller was pretty chill.

I've run into a few celebrities but I'm not a star watcher so it was no big deal. :confused: I'll list them out anyways.

I had a beer once with Tim McGraw's band (the Dance Hall Doctors) in stateline Nevada after a concert, was on a plane with Verne Troyer (Mini Me) and attended a wedding with a model - Tyson (Beckford?) and a wrestler named Goldberg (I had to look up his name) & Jesse James. I run into Jesse every so often anyways so it's no biggie.

Most reactions

Back