What's new

Budget Friendly Landscape Tripod

xxjordanexx

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 16, 2010
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Location
alabama
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need some help picking out a tripod. I am looking at spending around $200-250. I will be using it for landscape and waterfall shots. I would like to have a tripod that will work for me and I am 6`2. Any help is appreciated.
 
My choice was the Manfrotto 055XPROB legs and the 488 ballhead. Then I had shoulder surgery and went with the 322 Pistol Grip. Both are fine heads, but for general use, I prefer the 322. I'm 5'-10" and the 055X legs do not make me bend over.... in fact, I have to get on my tippy toes to read the top display on me camera. As an added bonus, it will drop down to 10cm.
 
Thanks i like those but the 488 head is discontinued, but is the 498 just the same?
 
Thanks i like those but the 488 head is discontinued, but is the 498 just the same?

The 498 is the newer, improved version of the now discontinued 488.

I dont have a 488 to compare it too, but the 498RC2 sitting on top of my 055XPROB works fantastic! Highly recommend the combo and within your price range if your a prudent shopper.
 
The 498 looks like it would suffice. Glad to see Manfrotto came out of the dark ages on their ball heads and added the very useful friction control knob. :D
 
Thanks everyone for all the info. It looks like i have found my tripod :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom