Buying a D60 kit this morning.

Atreus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It comes with the 15-55 vr, and i can get the 55-200 for +150 more. now i'm wondering. do i REALLY need the 55-200 vr lens? this is my first official SLR, just curious if it really is needed, right now.

Any help is appreciated, i'm picking it up in an hour. lol.

get it .. not much savings over retail cost by itself but its a decent lens. i don't have the vr version but i have no complaints about mine at all.

mostly portraits, city/urban shots like downtown/graffiti/ might get into sports shot way later, dont think so though...

it's got to be a 18-55 not 15. I would get the 55-200 if I were you. It is a nice lens, and it will allow you to do a whole lot more. Just my .02

When I bought my K100D a year ago, I got the 18-55 kit and threw in about $100 extra for the 50-200. I find that I almost never use it. Most of my shots are on the 18mm end of my kit lens. $150 is a fairly good deal, but only if you'll use it. Another thing I wish I had known was that the Pentax 50-200 goes for about $85 on eBay, so if I really wanted one, I could've picked one up later. I would recommend checking this out as well.

Someone here is selling their D60 kit in the Buy and Sell section for $700, did you see that?

its 18-55. stupid ten key.....lol anyhoo, i just dont wanna buy it, and have a new paperweight/door stop you know? what is the 55-200 VR more suited for? can someone give me some examples? sorry for being so noobish, i thought i "knew a lil something" about cameras, but going from a p&s to SLR is a whole different animal.

--edit--

i see the kit for sale, doesnt include whats in it exactly. however the one im looking at is 700 usd new, includes the 18-55 vr lens.

I like using that lenth for portraits, as well as going to the zoo, things like that. The 55-200vr is a nice lens.

It's a nice lens, and for the money you can make sure that you don't ever get limited because you can't get close enough to the subject.

damn im gonna be so broke. lol. time to live off the credit card :p well i'm selling my h7 to partially fund this, so my old camera just bought a new lens i suppose! i'll be back, with pics. lol.

Most reactions

Back