Buying a D60 kit this morning.

thanks for the input guys. i really appreciate it. headed to wolf now.....

i got it. with both lenses and a fancy nancy bag. now to wait for this battery to charge! ugh.

Haha

I'm sure you will be happy with that lens, all I've heard is good things about it. I've used the non-VR version and it compliments the 18-55 lens beautifully.

whoa. so. many. settings....i gotta work tonight, and it is expected to snow! arrrrgh why. hopefully i'll have some decent pics soon.

Haha, you will get the hang of it soon enough. Just stick it on "P" mode and go shooting!

I use P mode a lot still. I also use Manual. if I'm messing around to much with Manual I'll switch to P mode and see what I was messing up on. P mode is good for the I don't feel like messing with settings days.

shooting with snow should get you pretty experienced quick. hello brightness.

Damn battery charged yet?

whoa. so. many. settings....i gotta work tonight, and it is expected to snow! arrrrgh why. hopefully i'll have some decent pics soon.

snow, in may? where do you live? lol

I live in denver. yeah the weather is like that. 70 on monday tornadoes yesterday and possibly snow today. insanity. I was spoiled by my sony I had it on live view. with this, gotta guess kinda...i just finished reading the book so I'm eager to use it. I'm just paranoid about the dust, where am I supposed to put my lens/body caps? in my pocket? lol. I'm posting from my phone waiting for the bus. should be getting some shots tho.

You will find it easier to use it with the viewfinder. Holding the camera up to your face will help you keep the camera steady.

I guess you could keep the caps in the camera bag, and you really only need to keep the cap for the back of the lens, and just keep lens changes to the minimum.

man i love this camera. quick question, how do you choose your own focus points? i have it in A mode, trying to get a shallow depth of field, and it kept focusing to the right making everything sharp. i just threw it in manual focus and got the picture i wanted, but i was curious on how to change that?

The manual is your friend =)
I know its somewhere in one of these quick pull up menus.

Most reactions

Back