C&C on a portrait please

IMO, looks much better without the stray finger. :smile:

I quite like the photo! Here is why....

I for one like the crop, because the focal area to me seems to be the design of the markings on the face. I also like that hands are in the shot because it is telling the viewer what she is doing with her hands. To me, she is obviously doing a dance of some sort which tells a story, and with just the fingers in the shot, I find that more interesting than just a centered, perfectly cropped head shot. So what if her hair isn't in the shot? That's not the focal area, the markings on the face and the fact that her hands are up and in a "stance" shows me she is dancing or moving in a mysterious way.

I prefer the original because by removing the finger, she now just looks like she is posing, where in the original she looked as if she was performing a dancing ritual of some sort.

Just my 2 cents...

Good job!

Be mindful - especially if you like getting in close, that you are not looking up the nose. Also, if hands are going to be part of the image that you take care of cuticles (middle finger of her right hand). The very bottom of her chin can be smoothed a tad also.

I wasn't aware that I had to be "above her nose", thanks for that tip. I'm not sure how I'll pull it off since I'm a short guy and this particular model is taller than me, with never-ending legs.

Cuticles, chin and (as per a previous comment) right finger will be edited. I'll be sure to post the new one here.
I have a small stepping stool. It's not very tall - a bout 1 foot, but tall enough to get me off the ground. When taking pics of guys you don't want to get nose hair in the photo LOL

"Never ending legs" and a fabulous face. Tough work but somebody's got to do it....

They aren't tattoos they're just experimental makeup for the photo session and a nice experiment at that. I wish they were done in various colors though instead.

They aren't tattoos they're just experimental makeup for the photo session and a nice experiment at that. I wish they were done in various colors though instead.
That's actually a great idea!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back