C&C on First Fisheye Pictures

Steveo555

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Today I got a Sigma 10mm fisheye and it is so sweet. What does everyone think of my first few pictures with it? Location Washington D.C.

DSC_7097TU.jpg

DSC_7090.jpg

DSC_7081TU.jpg

steveo5556
steveo5556
DSC_7085TU.jpg

steveo5556

3 is best to me, but she's right

thats die hard fisheye perspective

Wow. Thats some serious distortion...
....its a fisheye....

I'm a distortion whore (said it plenty of times before lol), but the shots you took aren't really 'fisheye friendly' and the building shots are underexposed.

The only one worth anything is the first one, but it's framed badly. You cut off an important line of the composition, which is a shame.
Also, to me, a shot like this needs to be perfectly centered, or way off. So to my eye this looks sloppy, if you will.
Getting the top of the monument higher in the frame would have given you the weight at th bottom that this image needs.

Blow these guys, I think your FIRST fisheye pics look just fine. As long as you're having fun with the new lens, that's all that matters. I like the first one and the one of the squirrel, it's a shame you can't get close to squirrels.

When I see a shot with a fisheye, I want something in the shot to really stand out at me, or I want to see a horizon with the disortion. These buildings and statues are just fatter or have a funky curve, not to the point of what I would want out of a fisheye effect. To me they say, "I am distorted and need to check lens correction in Light Room". I am sure you will find good use for your new fish eye, I don't have one, so take my critique with a grain of salt. Keep playing, I love DC and there is so much there to shoot.

Blow these guys, I think your FIRST fisheye pics look just fine. As long as you're having fun with the new lens, that's all that matters. I like the first one and the one of the squirrel, it's a shame you can't get close to squirrels.

If that is indeed all that matters, I would think it useless to post images and ASK for C&C yo.
Your critique of these images is spot on, and I look forward to learning more from you.

Whoa now ... personally, I don't swing that way.

Ok thanks everyone for the input. Like I said, it was my FIRST shots with a fisheye. So I am still learning how to frame everything.

First shot with any lens...elelments of composition don't change.

Do I at least get a phone call in the morning?

First one is nice. I have to agree with Bitter Jeweler on his points. It does look a bit sloppy if not symmetrical.

LOL I say first one is decent, the rest are eh. But enjoy the lens, I'm sure you'll do great stuff with it later on.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back