C&C Please?

Nolan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Earlier on this evening I saw a string of brilliant clouds looming on the horizon. Naturally I hopped on my bike, to a "lookout" on top of a derelict farm combine and took some shots.

So what do you think? Any comments or critiques are welcome.
Thanks in advance for the help.

1)
4955918942_633e21b67b_z.jpg

2)
4955902412_930a3f7738_z.jpg

These are nice cloud studies, but they would have gone from nice to excellent with the use of a couple of stops of graduated neutral-density filter to really enhance the detail in the sky.

These are nice cloud studies, but they would have gone from nice to excellent with the use of a couple of stops of graduated neutral-density filter to really enhance the detail in the sky.

I am not exactly familiar with filters, besides my polarizer... however I googled graduated neutral-density filter, and its effects on photos. Turns out your suggestion is brilliant. I think I might just go out to "Henry's" and pick one up today. Thanks!

Technically they're correct, and I think that you have done almost all what you could have done to get these framed right. Well except popping them into HDR, & maybe a tripod would have helped to satisfy pixel peepers looking at the field and trees.

A Grad filter would have enhanced these photos, but not really that much.

Basically, I just want to say, that the pictures lack an interesting subject.

Technically they're correct, and I think that you have done almost all what you could have done to get these framed right. Well except popping them into HDR, & maybe a tripod would have helped to satisfy pixel peepers looking at the field and trees.

=) Thanks for the input canosonic, I'll keep it in mind it the future. However I got a couple questions for you.

Firstly what do you mean by pixel peppers, and them being corrected by a tripod?
I have no idea what you mean by that.

Secondly why do you think I put these in HDR? All I did was some levels corrections in PP. I did not shoot in HRD.

=) Thanks for the input canosonic, I'll keep it in mind it the future. However I got a couple questions for you.

Firstly what do you mean by pixel peppers, and them being corrected by a tripod?
I have no idea what you mean by that.

Secondly why do you think I put these in HDR? All I did was some levels corrections in PP. I did not shoot in HRD.

:lol: Nah, I meant that you should try HDR, not that you did it.

Yeah, pixel peppers really deserve that name, but pixel peepers are people who zoom in like into 400% and say that the photo isn't sharp, is noisy, a.k.a. they peep on the pixels.
F.e. lately I saw a photo on a contest and someone said this photo is out of focus:
x_e2ae5e50.jpg

© Oleg Yefremov

It's not one of the best photos, but it's definitely not out of focus.
Cheers

Ahhhh I see what you mean now. Thanks for the explanation. As for shooting in HDR, thats a good idea. All I need is a good tripod.

What he said...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back