Camera Bag for the Xti.

divided

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Im looking for a good camera bag for my Xti. Id like something on the smaller side. That would accomadate my 50mm 1.8 (which would stay on the camera) and in the future a 70-200 f4. My old bag was way to big and bulky, id like something stylish, but also has enough room for a few accessories. Any ideas/links? Thanks!

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I use the Lowepro Slingshot 200AW. Fits my 350D with my Sigma 70-300. Enough room for some other stuff too.
I think there is a smaller one too (100AW is my guess)

Jeepnut28

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I use the Lowepro Slingshot 200AW. Fits my 350D with my Sigma 70-300. Enough room for some other stuff too.
I think there is a smaller one too (100AW is my guess)

I have the same bag, and I love it.

Sideburns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
don't go too small. It's not fun to run out of room...
I have both of those lenses, and the case required to hold it all, isn't that small...
Get a backpack...they make decently sized ones that'll fit your camera with a lens, and probably 6 or 7 smallish lenses...or an extra body and a flash and a couple lenses...

Don't just go small. Go easy to carry, with a bit of room to spare. You always need "one more thing"

A

astrostu

I just went to a local camera store and bought a Lowepro bag that would effectively fit 6 lenses, which I the combined 2 to fit the camera body, another holds filters, a fourth holds my P&S, and the 5th and 6th hold lenses. I have a 3rd lens now and am looking to upgrade, but the bag I have has worked well for the last 5-6 years.

In other words, if you're looking for a smallish bag, bring your equipment to the camera store and find one that works for you.

cherylmuhr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
i always like the bags at crumpler!!

OP
D

divided

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I ended up with the Lowepro Slingshot 100AW. It seems perfect for my needs. Thanks for the help. Anyopne have this bag BTW? Thoughts.

GwagDesigns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.GwagDesigns.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
I tried using a bag for a while, but its just not very comfortable when hiking or walking, what I have now is a Tamrac Adventure 7 According to their catalog, the Adventure 6 is more suited for the XTi, BUT, after holding one, its very small actually, more like a large purse, which is why i spent the extra to get the Adventure 7, which is meant for slightly bigger cameras. It fits my Sigma 70-300, along with kit 18-55 lens, with camera body with 50mm attached, and theres still room for when i decide to buy a Flash. The Adventure 8 is their even bigger bag, more suited for people with large camera bodies like the Mark III.

tamracadv6.jpg

tamrac_adventure_6-2.jpg

Most reactions