Camera Bag

CowgirlMama

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am in desperate need of a new camera bag. My new body (Canon 6D) barely even fits in what I have. I need something that can hold the body, 2-3 lenses, a flash and some random bits and pieces (memory, batteries, etc.). I'm not good at buying camera bags, at all. I haven't had one that was really functional yet.:confused: The problem is mostly my budget. I only have $50-60 to spend right now. Is there anything that will meet the needs listed in that range? Most of the time, the body isn't in the bag. It's just a safe place for it to sit while I'm driving to wherever I'm shooting. I'd like to have a case before rodeo in July. That's when I carry the most gear. (It's a small town rodeo. I get in free all three nights, in exchange for a couple dozen nice shots to go in the calendar. I'm no pro, but still produce better than they were getting before me with collecting whatever committee members got on their point and shoots. Everyone's happy with this set up. I like that I get free run of the place because I'm the "official" photographer. :p)

Try the Canon 200DG on Amazon. Works for my 6D.

If you prefer a backpack style, I'd recommend the Canon 200EG on Amazon.

I just bought it since my new lens just outgrew both of my other bags. I paid $39.95 for it.

It currently holds my 60D with attached Sigma 50-150, flash, remote triggers, lens hood, batteries, battery charger, 50mm lens, and a whole bunch of manuals and small accessories. With a bit of room to spare. :) The best part ... it looks nothing like a camera bag (esp. after I removed the Canon logo). :)

Amazon.com: Canon Deluxe Photo Backpack 200EG for Canon EOS SLR Cameras (Black with Green Accent): Camera & Photo

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Take a look at the Tamrac Rally 7 bag. It should definitely be big enough for what you're looking to carry. It's well over your budget at $100, but is a great messenger-style bag if you can swing the extra cash. I personally own the Tamrac Rally 5, which is a bit smaller, but cheaper at $75. I also own the Case Logic large SLR bag. It's right in your price range at $50, but might not hold everything you want it to. It's definitely worth a look though.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Once I discovered I couldn't carry 6 lenses, each in its own Lowepro case and my 60D in a case, plus flash, and all the rest of my camera stuff in one bag, I decided to shrink down to carrying no more than 4 lenses at a time. That works as I can pretty much figure out what I'll need based on where I'm headed to shoot.

With that in mind, rather than buying some 'obvious' camera bag, I opted for a fairly economical squared-off 'gym bag' size travel bag from Walmart. Very discrete, and certainly does not attract any attention, unless I have my tripod or monopod strapped to it as well. I try to stay 'unnoticed' as much as possible when travelling. So much so, I'll leave the bag unattended while riding Amtrak while I go to the lounge car, etc.

Other than rodeo, I almost never carry more than the 2 lenses and flash. I always have my 50mm, then whatever lens I think is most suited to where I'm going. I don't use my flash a lot, especially in the summer, when I'm shooting outside, but I like to have it around, just in case. ;) I bring more to rodeo because I'm generally sharing with a 4-Her. ;) She's a teenager and takes decent shots, but doesn't own a nice camera. Sometimes I have need to go wider than my 50mm at rodeo, too, which means carrying a third lens. It's easy enough to bring my current bag with gear for the 4-Her AND a bag for me, if I need to, though.

The bags suggested look really good. I just have to decide which one. :p

Most reactions

Back