ewyourselfie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,
I have a Canon Sure Shot 76 zoom and it breaks my heart to say that i dropped it the other day. that's when my camera stopped working; everytime i pressed the shutter button, it wouldn't take a picture. it felt as thought the button was jammed, or couldnt go all the way down.

So i took out the film to see what was wrong. I learned that my camera still IS functioning but only when there is no film and i dont know why?

It turns on, the lens extend, and when i press the shutter button (while there is no film) then it works completely fine. Im even able to shoot flash and it still works. But the minute i put film in and close my camera, it feels stuck again? i dont know what is causing the problem. The film fits into my camera just fine, there are no broken pieces inside my camera. Any help is appreciated!

hazel

Something is broken. Replace your Canon Shureshot with some other Canon Shureshot. They go for about $10 apiece.

Hello,
I have a Canon Sure Shot 76 zoom and it breaks my heart to say that i dropped it the other day. that's when my camera stopped working; everytime i pressed the shutter button, it wouldn't take a picture. it felt as thought the button was jammed, or couldnt go all the way down.

So i took out the film to see what was wrong. I learned that my camera still IS functioning but only when there is no film and i dont know why?

It turns on, the lens extend, and when i press the shutter button (while there is no film) then it works completely fine. Im even able to shoot flash and it still works. But the minute i put film in and close my camera, it feels stuck again? i dont know what is causing the problem. The film fits into my camera just fine, there are no broken pieces inside my camera. Any help is appreciated!

hazel
I'm just guessing here, but this might have something to do with the film advance mechanism. As film is advanced, the sprocket holes turn a small sprocket in the bottom of the camera. This is supposed to prevent a double exposure by assuring that there is a fresh frame behind the shutter. If that little sprocket got bent or pushed in too far, that might prevent the shutter from operating. This is definitely not a bobby-pin repair job, so take your camera to an experienced repair facility.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back