Can someone challenge me??

OK, here's your challenge: I want a photograph that says, "This is Wyoming and nowhere else in the world."

Find a Wyoming road sign, hang a phone charger on it, shoot it, and at least two guys here will be happy.

OK, here's your challenge: I want a photograph that says, "This is Wyoming and nowhere else in the world."

Find a Wyoming road sign, hang a phone charger on it, shoot it, and at least two guys here will be happy.

I was serious. Wyoming is a gorgeous state from the photographs I've seen of it. The western half of the state is in the Rocky Mountains while the eastern half of the state is considered "High Prairie". Google "Green River Wyoming" and look at some of the scenery that she has to choose from. I'd LOVE to hang around there for a month or two doing nothing but photographing scenery, birds, and wildlife.

And my challenge stands: Find me a photograph that cries out "THIS is Wyoming!"

...............e: I want a photograph that says, "This is Wyoming and nowhere else in the world."...........

How about a sign that says, "Welcome to Wyoming. Annual Wyoming Wind Festival: Jan. 1 - Dec. 31"

...............e: I want a photograph that says, "This is Wyoming and nowhere else in the world."...........

How about a sign that says, "Welcome to Wyoming. Annual Wyoming Wind Festival: Jan. 1 - Dec. 31"

If that's your idea of what Wyoming "Is" then go for it.

I love Wyoming. I got my boots there. :)

Why does everyone think I hate Wyoming? :meh:

https://www.google.com/search?q=fla...TX0QGh2YDIBw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=895

Man I would live in flaming gorge place looks like soooooo much fun

ALL the photos are from above try to take some from below and still show the scale.

1.Show the your new "urban" home in hdr?
2.find a livestock sale and shoot that
3.make a set of textures
4.get all dressed up for the city and then take a self port on the street or at the market somewhere you look like you don't fit showing how out of place you feel. I see hat Sunday dress and heel in a rodeo arena maybe with it set up for barrel racing or poles good leading lines with the poles.
5.country dogs

Thanks for some ideas. I'll try the color one first, although if it isn't brown it will be hard to find. To all of you who say "you are in WY and you can't find anything to photograph" please come visit me. I went to Adobe Town... its dirt. Went to the Killpecker Sand Dunes... more dirt and some ATVs. I went all over this darn county that I live in and its dirt and sagebrush. I actually took a weekend photography workshop that covered 400 miles and I have maybe 2 interesting photos. I don't find ANYTHING here beautiful. I did see some wild horses but I had to drive 100 miles in the desert down a two track "road" and really a horse is a horse and you can't beat Lexington, KY for that. There is no grass, no trees, no water. So, if you like dirt, or if you like to drive FOREVER in the desert down what normal people call a trail, but the locals assure you is a road, then Welcome to Rock Springs! Its true that there is a lot to shoot here, I just think its ugly.
I'm here for work like most everyone else. I miss GREEN! I miss flowers. I miss water, and I miss the city with its old churches and cemeteries. I miss real farms that actually GROW stuff. I miss riverboats and old bridges.
So maybe the real problem is not that I have nothing to shoot but more that I can't find the beauty in shades of brown.

Thanks for some ideas. I'll try the color one first, although if it isn't brown it will be hard to find. To all of you who say "you are in WY and you can't find anything to photograph" please come visit me. I went to Adobe Town... its dirt. Went to the Killpecker Sand Dunes... more dirt and some ATVs. I went all over this darn county that I live in and its dirt and sagebrush. I actually took a weekend photography workshop that covered 400 miles and I have maybe 2 interesting photos. I don't find ANYTHING here beautiful. I did see some wild horses but I had to drive 100 miles in the desert down a two track "road" and really a horse is a horse and you can't beat Lexington, KY for that. There is no grass, no trees, no water. So, if you like dirt, or if you like to drive FOREVER in the desert down what normal people call a trail, but the locals assure you is a road, then Welcome to Rock Springs! Its true that there is a lot to shoot here, I just think its ugly.
I'm here for work like most everyone else. I miss GREEN! I miss flowers. I miss water, and I miss the city with its old churches and cemeteries. I miss real farms that actually GROW stuff. I miss riverboats and old bridges.
So maybe the real problem is not that I have nothing to shoot but more that I can't find the beauty in shades of brown.

Dayum! You need to come to Iowa!

Flaming Gorge and Seedskadee NWR aren't too far away. Maybe a day trip.

The gorge is nice but I have to get a sitter to go out there and the phone reception is spotty at best so its hard to leave my 2 year old with a sitter since we don't have family here. NOT that I mind leaving him, its the "in case of emergency" situation with no phone service. The gorge can be dangerous and there is a lot of hiking to get to the "sweet spots". Also its about an hour or more away to get to the pretty parts. The gorge isn't something I'm comfortable doing alone and I don't have a photo buddy yet.

You are in the mountains of western Wyoming and can't find something to photograph? It's only because you aren't looking.

OK, here's your challenge: I want a photograph that says, "This is Wyoming and nowhere else in the world." It can be a scenic of the sun rising or setting over the mountains, it can be a tree or flower or animal or bird that is found nowhere else, it can be the rapids of the Green River, it can be whatever you want it to be, but find me something that categorically states that THIS *IS* WYOMING and nowhere else.

I'm not in the mountains... I'm in the high desert plains. You live in TN and those are some beautiful mountains... I got married on the side of one. These are dirt ugly... but I accept your challenge and I'll submit in a few days.

I'm not in the mountains... I'm in the high desert plains. You live in TN and those are some beautiful mountains... I got married on the side of one. These are dirt ugly... but I accept your challenge and I'll submit in a few days.

You call THIS 'dirt ugly'?

WesternSunrisePost.jpg

Yeah.... this is about 20 miles west of you.

Most reactions

Back