Can you fix bad ISO selection in post process?

I’ve done that. Sadly shooting hi iso, even when exposure is spot on, does compromise some image quality. It can’t be fixed in software but it can be improved on as mentioned already.

Completely sabotaged myself! Didn't change my ISO back to basic settings after my last shoot. I took some pictures for a friend at ISO 6400! Photos look alright when editing in Lightroom but of course when I export as JPEG they look like crap! Any other format I can export in that wont compress or decrease the quality but will still be able to print most places? Thanks!
Like others have written, exporting to 100% JPEG should not show much if any degradation. Exporting in any other format should not make any difference. Depending on your camera, ISO 6400 may or may not be that big of a deal. What were all your setting? Could it possibly be over exposed?

I agree. I used to shoot with a Canon Rebel when I first started taking photos. I would get poor results with an ISO of 6400. Now, I use a Canon 7d and a 5d. ISO 6400 is no big deal and I don't see much noise in the photos, now.

Thank you for the suggestions! I will post a picture when I have a better internet connection.

that usually means the image was too large. resize it below 1024px.

fred miranda forums have a few threads on NR workflows in lightroom. ill have to find them again.

Completely sabotaged myself! Didn't change my ISO back to basic settings after my last shoot. I took some pictures for a friend at ISO 6400! Photos look alright when editing in Lightroom but of course when I export as JPEG they look like crap! Any other format I can export in that wont compress or decrease the quality but will still be able to print most places? Thanks!

They should look the same in exported as JPEG as they do in LR. Look like crap how? Is it noise that's a problem? Post an example.

Joe

Yes, lots of noise! When exporting I have sRGB selected and JPEG set at 100% for quality.

So if you want to suppress the noise you'll have to filter it. LR has noise filtering under the detail tab. Better noise filtering is available from specialty tools like Topaz Denoise and Neat Image. I like Neat Image.

Joe

The noise filtering did the trick! I guess I was being to conservative with it to start. Images look better. I am happier with them! Thank you everyone for your suggestions!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back