Cannot Clean Crap Off Sensor

Speaking of Visible Dust...their products, and specifically their "Arctic Butterfly" brush were given absolutely GLOWING reviews by one of the world's top landscape photo sites, The Luminous Landscape, several years ago. Searching for the article they did might be worth your time...

Well, that was easy.

My search turned up some weird, kinky New York City nightclub called Arctic Butterfly... lol...

My search turned up some weird, kinky New York City nightclub called Arctic Butterfly... lol...

Probably because innernet search results are based on your past browsing.............

So, I bought this:

Amazon.com: Sensor Swabs Type 2 (Box of 12): Camera & Photo

and this:

Amazon.com: Eclipse Cleaning System Solution: Camera & Photo

which cost total $49.45......... I had $69.14 in some kind of Amazon card or Prime points, so it was free!! And will be here Wednesday!!

ETA: I'm not worried about any sensor damage. And it doesn't bother me a bit to jump in there and clean that thing!

PSS: And a big thanks to all the regulars here for guiding this noob in the right direction!!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I can't understand how it got that dirty?
The image sensor gets an electrostatic charge on it that attracts, and holds, dust.

Plus, even if you never remove the lens, you still focus it..... and that means the glass elements get moved.... which creates air movement.... and that can suck dust into the camera.

You guys are a treasure trove of information. Thanks!!

Gave it a bath today. Before and after shots.

$after.jpg

$before.jpg

..... No.... the only downside is you didn't order ME a new lens.
50_b.gif

I'm finding out about all these new rules as I go along. Another member said I had to go snipe hunting too, so I'll add your rule to the list.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back