Canon 30d

Beth81

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So you know how men always say women can never make up their mind? Well I'm one of those. I have the Nikon d60 and I DO NOT like it. LOL I'm thinking of switching to the Canon 30d. Does anyone think this is a mistake? I just don't know much about Canon​

for starters, what don't you like about your current camera and what attracted you to the 30d instead of the 40d/50d or the XSI?

Well maybe it's just me but the pictures look so much better when taken by a Canon. I even went to a photographer here in town and looked at his pictures and they were gorgeous and he told me to start off with the Canon 30d. but I was thinking between that or the XSI.....

for starters, what don't you like about your current camera and what attracted you to the 30d instead of the 40d/50d or the XSI?

I started with Nikon because it seemed user friendly to me. But I'd rather have good looking pics then user friendly if that makes sense. I haven't decided one over the other yet but I was just asking for opinions. I'd take the 40d.

The 30D is an older camera if I'm not mistaken, so I dont know much about them...but the XSI is a great starter camera, as is the 40D, but its really up to you what you want. You have to go hold some and see how they feel, think about your budget, your future in photography (if its serious), and such.

XSI is a great starter camera, as is the 40D, but its really up to you what you want. You have to go hold some and see how they feel, think about your budget, your future in photography (if its serious), and such.

Yes it's serious and I have held the XSI and it feels alright holding it. To be truly honest I can't really tell the difference. Ok well which would be better bewteen the 40d and the XSI?

I even went to a photographer here in town and looked at his pictures and they were gorgeous and he told me to start off with the Canon 30d. but I was thinking between that or the XSI.....
It's the Photographer, not the camera.

If you see a nice house, do you ask what brand of hammer the carpenter used? When you taste a good meal do you ask what brand of pots the chef/cook used?
Like those examples, photography is a result of the skills and talents of the the person using the tools...not the tools themselves.

Rather than switching cameras and entire systems...why not take a class, get a book...do something to improve your skills.

If you switch to a Canon 30D (or anything else) simply because you don't like the results the D60 is giving you, I can almost guaranty that you will be just as disappointed with whatever you get.

Big Mike,

What camera do you use then? I went and looked at your page and those landscapes are really beautiful.

Beth, your camera is a capable camera. It can help you create wonderful photos. Please note that, it can HELP YOU. :)

The 30D sure can do that, but your D60 can do the same thing as well. You may want to invest more on how to use your camera and create those wonderful photos.

Click the link list below.
Flickr: Search

You will find some photos taken with the D60 camera and some of them are quite nice.

Big Mike,

What camera do you use then? I went and looked at your page and those landscapes are really beautiful.
He uses 20D's.

Kind of proves his point, doesn't it? :)

I use Canon 20D cameras...but I could have made the same images with a Nikon, Sony, Pentax etc.

He uses 20D's.

Kind of proves his point, doesn't it? :)

LOL Yeah it does.....and I'm sure he could have made the same images with other cameras but until I can get good at this I'll take the easy route. ;):lol:

I just recently bought the 30D and love it,,Im still learning all the features but the photos are really nice, I just went up from the XT

Most reactions

New Topics

Back