Canon 30d

Sometimes the easy route is more painful than the correct route which may take more time. I'm struggling with this myself. Even though yesterday I was asking about trading my 30D for a 1D Mark II.

I'm firmly believe that the pictures you see on the interweb is the culmination of a photographers ability to turn a standard fare photo and make it into art (using all tools available including.... photo editing tools). I also firmly believe in good glass. The nikon may limit your ability to get good glass.

-JD-

So the only reason you want to change is because you don't like the pictures that you take with your current camera?

As suggested, learn how to take a good picture and what it takes to get a good picture. Classes, books... and practice, practice, practice.

I know as many great photographers who take pictures with Canon then I do who take pictures with Nikons.

Changing just to change thinking that it will make your pictures better with none of the other variables changing (quality of lens, photographic knowledge) is not the way to go.

But hey, its your money. If it pleases you to spend it as such, I'd go with a 40d or a 50d instead of the XSI.

But hey, its your money. If it pleases you to spend it as such, I'd go with a 40d or a 50d instead of the XSI.
Or just go for the 1Ds mark III ($8000)...then you will really be able to take great photos :roll: :lol:

Ok now can you please explain why you would go with the 40d or 50d over the XSI?

Beth, can you tell us what do you not like about the photos you took with your D60? What do you like about the photos taken with the 30D?

Well I don't like the way the photos I take with the Nikon just look bland. Just like the would had I shot them with a point and shoot camera. The photographer I went to speak with had tons and tons of pictures all over the place and the only thing he uses is Canon. When I asked him about Nikon he told me don't waste my money and just go for Canon 30d. They just take better portraits it seems of families, children, weddings, etc....... I guess I need a portrait camera more than anything. That's what I'll be shooting more of probably.

Maybe I should have just waited to get the Nikon d80. Who knows...maybe it's just the d60 I'm not happy with.

You don't seem to be getting it...
When I asked him about Nikon he told me don't waste my money and just go for Canon 30d.
That was terrible advice and makes me think this 'photographer' is an idiot.

If you think your photos look bland, then change your exposure and change your post processing.

Most digital photos are put through photoshop to make the colors pop more, do you have photoshop or something similar?

Im sure there are in camera setting that will produce more vivid pics. You just have to go into the menus and play around with the settings until you find results you like. But if your mind is set, then go for it because it is your $$$ after all.

You don't seem to be getting it...

That was terrible advice and makes me think this 'photographer' is an idiot.

If you think your photos look bland, then change your exposure and change your post processing.

I agree with BigMike here ... I am also using Canon Camera, but I do not think your Nikon D60 is no good. If you learn more about your camera and fully utilise it, you maybe able to create photos that looks wonderful. As stated by other forum members, post processing is also important.

Learn how to create a beautiful photos is the key. Of course, ofthen that you need some tools to help you such as your camera and other related equipments.

Post some of your photos and the exif data.

-JD-

and I'm sure he could have made the same images with other cameras but until I can get good at this I'll take the easy route.

The easy route? I garauntee your pictures will look exactly the same regardless of the body you choose.

The photos you posted yesterday were not bad - they are the exact photos one would expect from someone unfamaliar with using a camera. Switching bodies is not going to change this. You seem to be stuck in this mode where, no matter what anyone tells you, you are going to cling to what you believe to be true.

The "blandness" has nothing to do with the camera. It is only recording what you are recording. If your friends photos are popping ask him what in-camera settings he is using, what post processing he is using -

It has NOTHING to do with the camera. As BigMike said, take a class - ANY CLASS if these fundementals are just not sticking.

If you feel the need to spend money to get better pictures, buy glass (note that this will not implicitly make your pictures better). Spare a little for Photoshop Elements and a couple books and you'd be better off.

There's virtually nothing a 30D can do that a D60 can't in terms of image quality under 99.9% of applications.

The photographer you talked to is an idiot.

Well sad thing is there are no places around here for me to take classes. Thats why I ask so many questions. I learn things from reading but I'm more of a hands on person. You see I live in the south in redneckville Mississppi. It's sad because I even had to drive over 100 miles just to get to a store that carried DSLR cameras other than ordering them from online. And even still they didn't have much selection. So I kinda had to pick and choose in the dark.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back