• Mark III

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Mark IV

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

iso9000

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello, first time poster here. I'm looking at buying the Mark III, but was wondering if there would be a reason to buy the Mark IV (I know the specs are just rumors and whatnot). It seems like the Mark IV's main selling point would be 4K video, but for someone who doesn't care at all for that, would it be better to stick to the Mark III especially when it's price will eventually drop when the newer Mark IV comes out?

Do you already own the 5D III ?

Comparing real camera to a rumored one is silly, you have no real info and release date.
It can change so many times both the "assumed" released date and rumored info of camera.

No matter how good the Mk IV will be or when it will come out this will not change the fact the 5D III is an excellent camera.
If you have it then use it and forget about the Mk IV till it comes out with confirmed real details of its true capabilities.
If you dont own it then you are in a little bit of a jam and that depends of your character.
I personally cant stand the thought of getting a new camera knowing it should be replaced very soon, if you need a good camera and soon then either get it or get it lightly used thus you save a tons of money.

Me personally I would wait for the Mk IV and I too wouldn't care at all about the rumored 4K capabilities.

I've heard many rumors about the Mk4, some reasonable some outlandish. I do know that it's going to be aimed at the "all around camera" audience.

So the safe bet is to add a reasonable increase to each tech spec.

Hello, first time poster here. I'm looking at buying the Mark III, but was wondering if there would be a reason to buy the Mark IV (I know the specs are just rumors and whatnot). It seems like the Mark IV's main selling point would be 4K video, but for someone who doesn't care at all for that, would it be better to stick to the Mark III especially when it's price will eventually drop when the newer Mark IV comes out?

When exactly do you want to buy your camera--now or sometime maybe?

The only rumor that I've seen about the Mark IV is that it will be announced or out in August.

With the specs of the 5Ds and the 5Ds-R, I would expect it to have some good upgrades from the Mark II.

I would agree that it really depends on if you have another body currently or if/when you are wanting to buy this full frame body.

It'll be interesting if it's just a 5Diii with a larger sensor, the whatever-pt AF that's in the 5ds, and the digic 6 processor.

It'll be interesting if it's just a 5Diii with a larger sensor, the whatever-pt AF that's in the 5ds, and the digic 6 processor.

I am very interested to see. The 5Ds has dual digic6 processors, so I would expect the IV to have duals as well and The 65 point AF that is in the 7D mk II.

I would like to see it have 7-10 fps and be about 25 mp to go with the above and I think I'd be lining up for them to take my money for one or two (if I can convince the wife).

I don't know what people expect these days. All changes are evolutionary, not revolutionary.

I am very interested to see. The 5Ds has dual digic6 processors, so I would expect the IV to have duals as well and The 65 point AF that is in the 7D mk II.

I would like to see it have 7-10 fps and be about 25 mp to go with the above and I think I'd be lining up for them to take my money for one or two (if I can convince the wife).

Dollars to donuts it'll have the same Af points and FPS as that new 7d. I also bet it'll have that little knobby thing to change focus points.

@runnah, if it has the fps of the 7d mk II (10) I'm all in then. (Actually even at 7 fps of the mk I, I can handle shooting sports)

Now, can you make a phone call and get it announced and released? (Or just have you and I one sent to test out for them)

Personally, I'd rather make several months' worth of great photographs with an excellent camera than waste that time waiting for a slightly more excellent camera which, for all we know, could stay in the rumor mill forever.

Most people should be able to find an excellent all around camera now for the budget that a 5d3 costs. Unless there is something in particular you need in a future camera now is the best time buy. Actually now is probably the best time in the history of digital cameras to buy

Most people should be able to find an excellent all around camera now for the budget that a 5d3 costs. Unless there is something in particular you need in a future camera now is the best time buy. Actually now is probably the best time in the history of digital cameras to buy
Agreed!
If you are impatient and want to get the best general use camera in the market then get the Nikon D750 which is better then the 5D III and 1000$ cheaper.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back