Canon 5dMVI

Batteristafoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all. Any thoughts on this camera? It sounds great and perfect for me except for the flip out screen. Uff. Any thoughts from pros using this?

It sounds great and perfect for me except for the flip out screen. Uff.
Are you sure it has a flip-out screen? here is a screen shot of the features?

Screen Shot 2017-12-26 at 5.09.03 PM.png

They forgot to mention the flip-out screen.

HI there thanks for answering. No I mean it doesn't have one and I Love flip out screens. Its really killing my whole vibe with the camera.

Only you really know the answer to this. Can you make up the cost of the camera by driving revenu with it? Otherwise, it's not an investment.

Edit: i spent all day writing a legal memo, and now, i am hallucinating. I swear you said invest.

If you are jutat itching to buy it for fun, heck yea it's worth it.

What type of photography do you do? What will the camera’s primary use be? Is the flip out screen really important?

Only you really know the answer to this. Can you make up the cost of the camera by driving revenu with it? Otherwise, it's not an investment.

Edit: i spent all day writing a legal memo, and now, i am hallucinating. I swear you said invest.

If you are jutat itching to buy it for fun, heck yea it's worth it.

haha. Thank you so much for answering. Actually it is an investment into my photography career. You are correct! I use it professionally for my music stuff as well. Video etc. It would definitely be producing revenue on the music side of things for me but as part of the team of cameras and other sound equipment. My "photo" stuff is not producing that much income at the moment since I am really just getting that rolling in a big way. And also yes...I guess only I know the answer to this question. I am a drummer and the parallel gear wise on music is astounding! So many photographers I know are struggling just to make ends meet and investing in more gear honestly is the last thing I want to do. But...I feel that with my current set up which is a canon t3i and sigma 18 35 art lens...I have reached my limit a long time ago. Agggg....I know you guys feel my pain haha!

What type of photography do you do? What will the camera’s primary use be? Is the flip out screen really important?

Pretty much Landscape, portraits, fashion, product and a bit of street stuff for fun. Thats been the bulk of the income I been able to produce in my short photo career so far. I really love the flip out screens. And since the camera will be used for my video stuff as well, the flip out screen is not only important for photography but video as well. Ahhhh...Looking at 4 grand...Scary

HI there thanks for answering. No I mean it doesn't have one and I Love flip out screens. Its really killing my whole vibe with the camera.
Oh. I am not familiar with the Canon line, but in Nikon the newest one with a flippy screen is the Nikon D500.

The 5D IV is growing more and more on me but not enough to buy one at the moment. It is a great full frame body, where as the Nikon D500 is a crop sensor camera.

For me in the $4K price point, I'd look at a used 1Dx with low shutter count from one of the big stores. But then again, I shoot sports and your question wasn't aimed in that direction.

If you want to stay with Canon and go full frame, I think that would be about the best choice. (Well, unless you wanted to go to 50+MP and get a 5Ds or a 5DsR)

The 5D IV is growing more and more on me but not enough to buy one at the moment. It is a great full frame body, where as the Nikon D500 is a crop sensor camera.

For me in the $4K price point, I'd look at a used 1Dx with low shutter count from one of the big stores. But then again, I shoot sports and your question wasn't aimed in that direction.

If you want to stay with Canon and go full frame, I think that would be about the best choice. (Well, unless you wanted to go to 50+MP and get a 5Ds or a 5DsR)

Agreed on the canon side of the house.

Or you could switch to Nikon and get a D850 :345:

Agreed on the canon side of the house.

Or you could switch to Nikon and get a D850 :345:

I'll admit, that D850 appears on paper to be a BEAST.. Got my attention for sure.

Thanks for the thoughts Ron! I was even considering the 6dm2. But I dont know if people take you seriously with that camera. if I want to shoot more events or even get into weddings...The 6dm2 scares me. 1 card slot and the price tag...mmmm. Thoughts on that?
I dont see many pro wedding photogs using that camera.

Thanks for the thoughts Ron! I was even considering the 6dm2. But I dont know if people take you seriously with that camera. if I want to shoot more events or even get into weddings...The 6dm2 scares me. 1 card slot and the price tag...mmmm. Thoughts on that?

The single card slot is a huge disadvantage. Really can’t be a serious event camera based on that reason alone.

I totally agree with you about that. Only 1 card slot was a big mistake by Canon. I wouldn't want one of them for that reason. But then again, I'd like to have the option of 2 C-Fast cards in all of the upper level bodies.

I totally agree with you about that. Only 1 card slot was a big mistake by Canon. I wouldn't want one of them for that reason. But then again, I'd like to have the option of 2 C-Fast cards in all of the upper level bodies.

Its so sad when they do crappy stuff like that to protect the more expensive gear. really crappy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back