Canon Elan 7

mrsid99

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone use one of these and what are your opinions of them?

Yes please do... specially about the 7ne is the eye focus any good or just a creature comfort? I have a 500n (its like a rebel) and want to know more about the elan. I prefer right now though, to buy lenses...

I shoot with an Elan7e for about a year now. I have very few complaints about this camera. The eye-controlled autofocus does not work well for me. I had a chance to talk to another 7e owner and he commented that he noticed that the eyefocus worked better for people with darker colored eyes. If this is true it may explain my problem as I am blue-eyed. The camera performs admirably in every other circumstance. I shoot a lot of wildlife photos and have taken my 7e into the field on numerous occaisions with no trouble. I fear that the camera far outstrips my own ability, but I'm always working on that.

I don't have one but I have been contemplating getting an Elan so I've read a lot and talked to some people.

People always say that the eye control focus is really cool but they very rarely use it. Most say that they just turn it off and focus as they would with any other AF camera. I'd like to try one out but the extra cost for the eye control focus would probably keep my from getting it.

The Elan n & ne are fairly new models so you might be able to get a deal on an Elan 7. I've seen the new Elan ne in the store and it looks pretty cool. I don't remember all the additions that the n has over the 7 but you could do a search to get them.

Thanks for the input folks.
The main thing I like about the "n" is that it has a backlite on the LCD.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back