Canon EOS Digital Rebel T3

KevinPutman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I played around with this camera today at Best Buy, and fell in love.
I like it even more than the T2i (the camera I've reallllllly been craving).

So I'm curious what you guys would think about it, and how it would compare with say, the 20D, 30D, Xs, XT, etc...

Also, when I get it, should I stick with the kit lens, or a 75-300 telephoto? I mostly like shooting landscape, but as you've noticed I experiment with everything.

Yes, I've read reviews and all that, but was looking for personal experience/knowledge.

the t3 feels basically like a cheap toy to me. Go for the t2i instead

P.S. Even the t1i is a better choice

i would at least go with the t3i

there really aren't many differences between this and the t2i

the one thing that makes me not like it is the lack of light sensors beneath the viewfinder

i don't really think the articulated screen is all that useful even in video mode

marmots said:

the one thing that makes me not like it is the lack of light sensors beneath the viewfinder

i don't really think the articulated screen is all that useful even in video mode

actually there are quite a few key differences b/t the t3 and t2i, some being a MUCH better quality LCD screen, 1080P recording, slightly better feel...

get the 7D it is better than all the above

Don't got that kinda money! I'd barely be able to afford the T3

If you are looking into the Rebel series it has to be between the T2i or T3i just because they were released so close to each other. I prefer the t3i just because it does hold a few extra upgrades if you have the money then get what you want. check out the article t1i vs t2i

Get a 60D, while it's not a full upgrade like the 7D it is a nice camera and still has the tilty swively screen ^_^ lol

I bought it after watching the digital rev review. Good stuff and the kit lens that comes with it isn't too shabby.

On my video camera i could not live without the articulated viewfinder. I have used both and find it so much easier. Do not really have a use for it on my camera as i mostly always use the view finder sorta hate the live view function. but to each their own ;)

I have played with all the line seris on the Rebel, and XXD line. Try to take a photo on the same subject with each camera, and judge for yourself. Personally, if you are getting a rebel I will go with t2i since you are tight on the budget. Also, you might want to check out the new Nikon D5100 or the D3100.

So I'm curious what you guys would think about it, and how it would compare with say, the 20D, 30D, Xs, XT, etc...

You can't compare it with any of those. You're talking current technology vs. technology that's several generations old. A lot has happened in the Rebel line since the XT, and the XXD cams were, prior to the 60D, prosumer bodies, not consumer bodies like the Rebs. If you're stretching the budget to get a T3i, go with the T2i. For all practical purposes, and especially for a first time SLR purchase, you won't see any real differences. I'd also look around to see if there are any T1i's left in inventory anywhere.

The 75-300 is quite easily the worst lens Canon currently makes. The 70-300 IS is far superior, but about 3.5x the price. The 18-55 IS kit lens supplied with any of the Txi's is a pretty respectable lens to start with, and I would suggest using the hell out of it and getting your feet under you first before you upgrade or purchase additional lenses. Learn to use your camera first, buy glass second.

And as always, RTFM.

Are you looking at the T3 or the T3i because the T3 is an entry level beginner type rebel below that of the T2i and T3i. Retails for around $600 compared to the T3i that retails around $800 or so. I currently have a 350xt rebel and will be upgrading to 60d. If you have a p&s now the T3 would be a good beginner camera to learn on then jump to the t3i or 60d/7d down the road. If you are mister money pockets then go full frame.
The 75-300 lens is worth waiting on to get something better. It's not a lens upgrade from the kit. I have one and its very slow in focusing and the clarity is not great. If it's all you can afford then it will work, just remember it's quality matches the price you paid.

HELP HELP HELPHELP.

I just found a Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Unused, brand new in the box for $385. Seems legit, but I'll be sure to check it out before I buy.
Only problem is, $385 breaks the bank for me. (Completely draining my pathetic savings account).

Is it worth it?! I know it retails for 600ish.

If in good condition should be a good deal. Inspect it first if possible.
With or without lens?

If in good condition should be a good deal. Inspect it first if possible.
With or without lens?

Canon - EOS Digital Rebel T1i w/ 18-55mm lens and full included accesories, warranty card and software package. Also I will include with it a carrying bag, two batteries, and a 4 gb class 6 memory card.It is NEVER BEEN OPENED, I am selling it because I am upgrading.no checks or cashiers checks, cash only

Most reactions

New Topics

Back