What's new

Canon's custom function

Q3. I still cannot find the custom fn that switch AF start to * button. I think is IV.
See page 182 of the owner's manual. The 5D Mk II has the AF-ON button on the back so you can actually start and lock focus with your thumb without doing moving the AF Start function from the shutter button to the * button.

But if you do want the AF Start function to be on the * button, use C.Fn IV -2 and choose Enable.

To separate the AF Start function from the shutter button entirely, use C.Fn IV -1 and choose option number 3.
 
i read on a forum somewhere that you could set the Set button in middle of the dpad to show the histogram when you are looking at a photo - is that only on better cameras?

i can't seem to find that ability in my manual or in the custom settings function

canon 450d
 
First custom function I change on my Canons is to move the AF Start from the shutter button to the * button on the back.

I will mess with the other custom functions but changing the AF Start from the shutter button to the * button is a must.
I'm racking my brain and I can't figure out why you move AF Start. Would you please explain?

I was thinking the same thing...why in the world would you do that! I'm all ears though.
 
Back button focus great for sports, i use it for everything also good for focus recompose
 
First custom function I change on my Canons is to move the AF Start from the shutter button to the * button on the back.

I will mess with the other custom functions but changing the AF Start from the shutter button to the * button is a must.
I'm racking my brain and I can't figure out why you move AF Start. Would you please explain?

I was thinking the same thing...why in the world would you do that! I'm all ears though.


Im going to quote myself! I read the rest of the post, and i'll have to try it myself. Sounds good and makes sense now! Can't wait to try it.
 
I read the rest of the post, and i'll have to try it myself. Sounds good and makes sense now! Can't wait to try it.
It feels kinda weird at first, but after you get used to it you won't want to go back to the shutter button.

Almost every Canon shooter I know uses the * button on the back to focus.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom