Carrying?

percent20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
buddylindsey.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am starting to get a bit more serious about photography, still amatuer. So I am curios if you all go photowalking or if you take your camera around with you everywhere just incase a shot presents itself. I have a small pocketsized p&s for that. however, I recently dusted off my dads old film SLR from like 20 to 30 years ago, and was wanting to give it a shot until I can afford a Nikon D40 DSLR. So I have a 2 fold question.

1) Do you carry your SLR with you everyday, some days, only photo taking days?
2) Am looking for a bag to carry an slr with me daily or a couple times a week something light, but have no idea what to look for and want something that will work with my current SLR and later with a DSLR.

Any starting points on what to reasearch would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

My camera, bag, lenses, etc all go where I go. Unless I'm going to park my car in a place where I don't trust valuables in the trunk, I take it everywhere. I will not be the one saying "Boy, I wish I had a camera with me now."

I have a Canon bag (And yes, I feel like a tool with the canon emblem emblazened on the side), and it fits the body with one lens attached, 2 extra lenses,flash, 4 filters, spare batterys, memory cards, etc... and has some nice straps to hold a tripod.

I bring mine with me everywhere and found the Lowepro Rezo 170 AW to be an excellent bag for this, however I upgraded to the Lowepro Nova 180 AW to accomodate my Nikon D90 with grip attached.

I've just recently started with serious (SLR) photography, so I bought a Lowepro Fastpack 250 that holds my laptop and DSLR, among other things. I like it because it allows me to swing the bag under my arm, and I can pull my camera right out and snap a few shots. The backpack is rather large though, so if you don't need the extra compartment for a laptop, I'd recommend getting something smaller (a Lowepro Slingshot, for instance).

I carry my 50D everywhere I go, but that's because I just met her and I'm infatuated.

1) I take at least 3 lenses a body, a flash gun and most of the time a tripod everywhere.
2) lowepro bag rezo(i think) for flash and lenses and a neck strap for the camera.

i take my camera almost everywhere just w. a 50mm on it... i keep it in a camera bag that looks more like a normal messenger bag and just take it out when i want to shoot something...

I keep one in my car with me wherever I go. Today I was able to take a few pictures of a fox running around in broad daylight in the city. Once you get use to having one with you it's just like leaving home with your wallet/purse or car keys.

I have a Lowepro Flipside Backpack, I carry my D300, lens, extra battery, flash and extra AA batteries for the flash and CF cards. I have this in my vehicle with me at all times unless I am going to be in a questionable location that I just don't trust leaving my bag in the car. In which case my little p&s is in my purse (just in case). My bag has tons of compartments for all my accessories AND it has straps on the outside for a tripod or monopod.

i am so glad to hear that others carry their SLR's around Was afraid i was going to be tacking one more thing on that was going to make me odd.

I went to my local camera store today and who'da thunk it the one bag I liked the most was one of the most expensive.

Actually I am going to make my own carry bag after looking at a few things i got an idea of how I can.

i am so glad to hear that others carry their SLR's around Was afraid i was going to be tacking one more thing on that was going to make me odd.

I went to my local camera store today and who'da thunk it the one bag I liked the most was one of the most expensive.

Actually I am going to make my own carry bag after looking at a few things i got an idea of how I can.

I'm used to carrying my laptop around (17 inch beast) so the camera was just one extra thing; Soon it's going to be a FEW extra things with the lenses and flash, tripod, etc..

Messenger bag + Foam inserts? Or are you going a different route?

I drive a pick up truck and live semi-rural. A camera with me constantly would get damaged eventually, no doubt. But, I do carry a Pentax P&S in the storage compartment in a sealed plastic bag with the batteries out. I plan to get a second 'good' camera soon and may carry my present one in the truck (somehow) in a protective case, maybe a small, hard, cooler. Missing a great picture because of not having a camera on hand is always a groaner. :pale:

I try and carry my bag with me all the time.

When doing a "photowalk", I carry my camera, grip, batteries, 4 lenses in my bag. Mainly because you never know what you will find.

On an everyday basis, I try and bring the camera with 2 lenses, a 10-22 and a 28-75. I don't have a need for a 50mm 1.8 and dont often find a need for a telephoto. I bring those with me when needed.

I'd say during a regular work week (I work in a non-photography job 5 days a week), I bring my bag on a nice day. On rainy days, the only time I am outside is my walk from my house to the bus, as everywhere else I go around work is accessible underground

Most reactions

New Topics

Back