censorship

ratssass

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
if your going to silence my view,delete my whole post........don't just throw up a green smiley in place,better yet,find a unicorn with a rainbow background.

I will next time...:wink:

WalMart has some awesome unicorn and rainbow stickers, left over apparently from a Faery Tale Theatre and Gay Pride Parade combo event that was supposed to be held last Super Bowl Sunday all across the USA...apparently the stickers just did not sell worth a darn...saw some 24-count packs of them on closeout for 59 cents on the WalMart web site last week while browsing for some more Bigfoot push-pins for my Bigfoot Sightings Map and Diorama kit ($29.99 at WalMart).

if your going to silence my view,delete my whole post........don't just throw up a green smiley in place,better yet,find a unicorn with a rainbow background.

You got to run your own place to do what you like. Or go to Tumblr. They are very conservative here.

WalMart has some awesome unicorn and rainbow stickers, left over apparently from a Faery Tale Theatre and Gay Pride Parade combo event that was supposed to be held last Super Bowl Sunday all across the USA...apparently the stickers just did not sell worth a darn...saw some 24-count packs of them on closeout for 59 cents on the WalMart web site last week while browsing for some more Bigfoot push-pins for my Bigfoot Sightings Map and Diorama kit ($29.99 at WalMart).

Nah see it's aaaallllll about the banana stickers Derrell!!

DSC_5616.JPG

This is what happens when people send me mail.

That package is great!! It gives me so many evil ideas! lol

It got worse:

DSC_5619.JPG

DSC_5623.JPG

I just draw cats on the packages I send out:

2012-10-19_11-35-45_491.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
...wow,another threadlock.
An entire thread locked over 2 people having a big dick contest,over credentials.
I appreciate the fact that the tasks of a moderator are a double edged sword,nip it in the butt,or let turn into chaos.On the other hand,it's not unlike a small-town police dept.,with a new taser.
What good is a locked thread?To show where the moderators drew the line?If you're going to lock it,it's about as useful to delete it entirely,IMHO.

Last edited:
... What good is a locked thread?To show where the moderators drew the line?If you're going to lock it,it's about as useful to delete it entirely,IMHO.

Not really. I'm a member on a forum at which the moderators seldom lock a topic, they just move it to their moderator area so that it is never seen by the unwashed masses again. All that does, in many cases, is leave people wondering why. What caused it? At what point was the line crossed? When a thread is locked the topics are still there so people can see how it degenerated and the person locking it usually puts an explanation at the bottom as to why it is being locked.

...very good,scott.I tend to agree,somewhat.I guess I just would have rather seen these two individuals pulled over and given a citation,rather than closing the entire road,so to speak.

...very good,scott.I tend to agree,somewhat.I guess I just would have rather seen these two individuals pulled over and given a citation,rather than closing the entire road,so to speak.

while I am not personally a fan of locking threads, once a thread reaches a certain level of "chaotic posting", it becomes difficult and tiresome to clean up.
not only do the offending posts have to be deleted or edited, but people that QUOTED those posts have to be edited. pulling out a bunch of inflammatory posts can often leave weird conversation gaps where it becomes difficult to figure out what happened.

you could be right about just going after the offenders though.
but, lets suppose we do that. warnings leading to infractions leading to temporary bans, and so on.
how many people will just complain that bans are too heavy handed when a simple lock could have stopped the whole thing without someone getting banned?
whats interesting to note, is that the Mod team gets the occasional complaint about "over-moderation" on the forum, and just as many complaints about the forum being "under-moderated" no matter which route is taken, some group of people is going to be unhappy about it.

contrary to popular belief (as I have recently learned myself) the Mods dont make the rules here. we are TOLD what the rules are, and expected to enforce them.
while we ARE given a certain amount of leeway and discretion, it is usually used in favor of NOT banning a repeat offender and instead just sending them a PM or giving an infraction. this kindness is usually met with angry PM's in return, and/or complaint threads started (both are technically against forum rules BTW, something else we usually let slide a bit)
surprisingly enough, how to handle forum arguments and spiraling threads is probably THE most discussed topic by the mod team, but we have yet to come up with anything that appears to satisfy everyone.

the best solution for everyone, is of course, for people to simply NOT engage in petty and inflammatory arguments on the forum. some people are just absolutely insistent on getting the last word in and "proving" their point even after Mods have posted warnings. If you want to be mad at someone for ruining perfectly good threads, blame the people arguing in them. not the Mods for putting a stop to it in a manner you might not totally agree with.

the best solution for everyone, is of course, for people to simply NOT engage in petty and inflammatory arguments on the forum. some people are just absolutely insistent on getting the last word in and "proving" their point even after Mods have posted warnings. If you want to be mad at someone for ruining perfectly good threads, blame the people arguing in them. not the Mods for putting a stop to it in a manner you might not totally agree with.

AGREED!!...on the other hand,i've seen mods announce to the offending parties,that they are approaching the limits of what is acceptable.
As I said,it's a "damned if you do,damned if you don't" position moderators find themselves in.I certainly wouldn't want the responsibility.

Most reactions

Back