Changed all your clocks yet? - poll

What do you do with those two hours per year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Designer

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know, I know; we are told to change our clocks just before going to bed, but I never do. In the spring, I use that magical "up-clocking" to speed up my day at whichever point that it needs speeding up. So if I want to "forget" to do something until it's "too late", I use it then. Or if I get hungry before lunchtime, I can "jump ahead" to get lunch sooner.

The real treat occurs in the autumn, when the government, in all its wisdom, grants us one additional hour of time, which we can use for whatever we wish. I certainly don't want to waste it by sleeping. I use that precious gift for something really special, such as playing with my grandchildren, taking a walk in the country, or just cleaning my toenails.

Yes, while we sometimes gripe about being coerced into jumping through needless hoops that some bureaucrat has constructed, we also get to structure two hours a year just the way we wish. I'll bet the government hasn't thought of that, or they would figure out a way to stifle it, tax it, or otherwise put the kibosh on it.

So how do you all spend/waste those two hours?

Sleep IS something special to me, so that's what I do :)

But how do we get two hours? We get the extra hour in autumn, but then we have to give it back to the ether. I see only one hour.

I changed all my clocks last night. This losing an hour is cruel enough without having to deal with it in my vulnerable just-awoken state.

I wanna know where all this daylight is that we've been saving all these years.

..........But how do we get two hours?.......

He means those two hours you spend changing all your clocks.... one hour yesterday/today, and another hour you'll spend this fall.

He means those two hours you spend changing all your clocks.... one hour yesterday/today, and another hour you'll spend this fall.

But the hour from the spring is taken from us. We don't get to do anything with it because we don't have it until fall. It's the same hour just getting bandied back and forth.

But the hour from the spring is taken from us. We don't get to do anything with it because we don't have it until fall. It's the same hour just getting bandied back and forth.

It's the hour that you spend changing your clocks. It's not the hour you change it. You spend time (one hour, or 20 minutes, or 37 minutes.. however long it takes you) changing your clocks in the spring, then you spend more time (another hour, or 20 minutes, or 37 minutes.. however long it takes you) changing your clocks in the fall. Just like you spend time brushing your teeth, or spend time driving to work, or spend time posting on some innernets forum.

Just a reminder -- change the batteries in your smoke detectors. Stay safe, folks.

My microwave and my car clock don't automatically adjust, otherwise I'm set. I use my cell phone as my alarm clock and my schedule planner and sync it to computers. Both of which are smart enough to change automatically.

On a side note, why the F*** do we need to change our times anyway? I've heard claims that it saves money, but I call bulls**** on this ;)

Just a reminder -- change the batteries in your smoke detectors. Stay safe, folks.

Yes and don't forget to electrical tape the end of those 9V batteries they can and will start an ironic fire ;)

But how do we get two hours? We get the extra hour in autumn, but then we have to give it back to the ether. I see only one hour.
I wasn't clear; yes, we "lose" one, and "gain" one, but it is how we choose to deal with it that is the gist of my question.

Good Grief! I had completely forgot about the Fire Marshal's office!

I have heard that some departments will purchase 9v. batteries and go door-to-door handing them out. They will even change them if the homeowner asks them to. There's WAY MORE than one measly hour! That directive alone uses up hundreds, or maybe thousands of man-hours and the cost of the batteries.

We (my department) has gone through neighborhoods after fires and installed detectors to those that don't have them. We recently started a program where business "adopt" neighborhoods and donate money for detectors and batteries to be installed for those that can't afford them.

On a side note, why the F*** do we need to change our times anyway? I've heard claims that it saves money, but I call bulls**** on this ;)
It allows companies to sell more outdoor equipment to us . . . "See: you can have cookouts and play badminton until 9:00 PM - buy all you need here!"

Even after realizing that there is no rational reason for it, I used to think it's not such a bad deal for parents who have children playing Little League.

Think of all the leisure time we get by not having to change the clocks in Qatar.
August - Sunrise 05:00 / Sunset 18:19
January - Sunrise 06:19 / Sunset 16:55

Most reactions

New Topics

Back