Changed all your clocks yet? - poll

What do you do with those two hours per year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, see my cats are no good as alarm cats. Especially Zelda. She'll take her sweet time getting up, yawn, stretch, then look at me for a second before she just flops right back down to go back to sleep.

Zoe is like that. Bell is not. Bell WILL get your @$$ out of bed for two reasons - she's hungry or she wants to lay down and you are in her way.

Yeah, see my cats are no good as alarm cats. Especially Zelda. She'll take her sweet time getting up, yawn, stretch, then look at me for a second before she just flops right back down to go back to sleep.

Zoe is like that. Bell is not. Bell WILL get your @$$ out of bed for two reasons - she's hungry or she wants to lay down and you are in her way.

Mrs.Parker is like Bell. She'll walk back and forth across my face until I acknowledge her. But she's too inconsistent with her timing. Sometimes she'll do this at wake-up time, sometimes in the middle of the night, and sometimes not at all! Who'd'a thunk cats were so unreliable? ;)

Who'd'a thunk cats were so unreliable?

Your cat needs to be regulated.

They can fix dogs, can't they? So they ought to figure out how to regulate a cat.

Who'd'a thunk cats were so unreliable?

Your cat needs to be regulated.

They can fix dogs, can't they? So they ought to figure out how to regulate a cat.

It's much easier to let your cat(s) regulate you.. in fact easier might not be the correct word, i think inevitable is the term ;)

Dogs have owners.

Cats have staff.

The three that I have that still don't auto-update are the stove, the microwave and a wall clock. They're all in the kitchen. Whenever I happen to notice they don't match the time on my cell phone, I'll switch them. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe the next day. Whatever. It's become rather unimportant to me in the last couple of years since I retired.

When I was still working a regular job in my regular career, I was really tightly wound up about clocks and times and scheduling and never being late for anything, always early and on time. Organizing my time around lots of meetings and updates and deadlines and so forth was WAY up on my priority list. I faithfully updated every clock in my world the night before on days like this, as recommended, ESPECIALLY in the days before so many automatically updated themselves.

I can remember when the new quartz watch accuracy was all the rage, advertised to the nth of a second. I would set my watch to the second, and if someone asked what time it was, I would look at my watch and answer them to the second, updating as the seconds ticked by, "12:42:33, 34, 35..." It was an ongoing joke between me and my coworkers, and I always said, "why does it matter if it's good to the "nth of a second" if you don't use it?". I was just getting my money's worth. ;)

Since retiring though, that slavery to time has nearly all slipped away, and good riddance. I'm so much more relaxed now without it. My studio is at home, so whenever my portrait clients show up is fine. I don't have so many that their appointments might overlap. It's pretty loose, like, "see you between 1 and 3 on Tuesday then". Other than that, I have a medical appointment here and there to be at, and I'm all set. Beyond that, time means nothing to me. Often it comes down to, "oh look... it's light out". :)

You guys and gals with cats & dogs just have to figure it out.
You have to get up earlier than normal, then cook some bacon for your dogs and cats.
Then go back to bed and sleep in.

FWIW, my atomic clock did not change properly. I had to change it.
What happens if you smash and blow up an atomic clock ?

You guys and gals with cats & dogs just have to figure it out.
You have to get up earlier than normal, then cook some bacon for your dogs and cats.
Then go back to bed and sleep in...........

You sure don't know squat about cats & dogs.

After you cook them bacon, you need to let the dog out and clean the litter box.

Sheesh.... some people! :586:

I still have to change my office clock and my wristwatch, the "automatic" coffee maker that starts warming up at whatever time you set it to, and both cars. The car clocks sometimes go months without setting, simply because you have to be in the car, with nothing else to do, and (for one of them) have a ball-point pen handy to press the little button.

Fortunately, I don't consider the clock in the car to be relevant to any scheduling duties.

oh yeah, I forgot about my car ....

Since I don't drive to work the car sometimes doesn't get updated for a while, but yesterday I happened to get into it for errands and pushed it up an hour.

In the UK the clocks haven't changed yet. I've been in the US at the changeover in both Spring and Autumn and back in time for the change there too. Nice in Autumn, less so in Spring!

No I haven't, another reason to like this early retirement thing. Set the microwave but not the coffee maker because I don't want to see the real time first thing w/my coffee!

I might try setting the clock radio 10-15 min. ahead and gradually catch up and see how well that actually works (I know, you're supposed to do it a month ahead but I don't care! lol). Especially with this early change in recent years, there's still snow on the ground, it's ridiculous!

I did just read that it appears there's not been any difference or savings in energy consumption. Could've figured that.

As thereyou go pointed out it hasn't changed in Europe.
Why would we want to change it so far from the Spring Equinox?
That's almost as crazy as the UK's Met. office declaring Spring officially starts on March 1st...

Most reactions

Back