Changed all your clocks yet? - poll

What do you do with those two hours per year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Even my D7100 has to be switched to daylight time. Oh, and I actually like this time change for the extra hour of light in the evening.

Even my D7100 has to be switched to daylight time. Oh, and I actually like this time change for the extra hour of light in the evening.
So you're saying that we get an extra hour EVERY DAY, for the whole summer?

Lessee; that's 238 HOURS that we get from the government to do stuff like cultivating cornfields, getting in the hay, fixing fence, and painting the barn.

Now I'm really starting to worry; do we have to pay it back?

I mean; does that effectively shorten our time here on earth by 238 hours every year that we're alive?

I don't hear anything about Standard Time paying it back for us, so who pays for this?

My body Fell BACK instead of forward.
so Now .. I'm TWO hours off !!

can't win ....
though I did have bacon this morning.

Just a reminder -- change the batteries in your smoke detectors. Stay safe, folks.

Yes and don't forget to electrical tape the end of those 9V batteries they can and will start an ironic fire ;)

Screw checking the smoke detectors. Make sure you change your house. Houses are dangerous! They can even destroy fire!

my_goal.jpg

It's the hour that you spend changing your clocks. It's not the hour you change it. You spend time (one hour, or 20 minutes, or 37 minutes.. however long it takes you) changing your clocks in the spring, then you spend more time (another hour, or 20 minutes, or 37 minutes.. however long it takes you) changing your clocks in the fall. Just like you spend time brushing your teeth, or spend time driving to work, or spend time posting on some innernets forum.

You spend an entire hour just changing clocks? How many clocks do you have??

Oddly, I watched Back To The Future about two weeks ago, for the first time in probably twenty years.

As I have grown older, this time shift business has begun to screw me up more and more, and for longer and longer periods of time.

Annnnd, LMAO over that "fire destroyed by home" news screen cap from 480sparky!

It's the hour that you spend changing your clocks. It's not the hour you change it. You spend time (one hour, or 20 minutes, or 37 minutes.. however long it takes you) changing your clocks in the spring, then you spend more time (another hour, or 20 minutes, or 37 minutes.. however long it takes you) changing your clocks in the fall. Just like you spend time brushing your teeth, or spend time driving to work, or spend time posting on some innernets forum.

No. I don't. But some people might. Or 20 minutes. Or 37 minutes. Or however long it takes them.

No. I don't. But some people might. Or 20 minutes. Or 37 minutes. Or however long it takes them.

Ah well, good thing Designer cleared it up a page ago ;)

But how do we get two hours? We get the extra hour in autumn, but then we have to give it back to the ether. I see only one hour.
I wasn't clear; yes, we "lose" one, and "gain" one, but it is how we choose to deal with it that is the gist of my question.

My favorite thought about DST:

"When told the reason for Daylight Savings Time, the Old Indian responded, 'Only the White man would believe that you can cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it onto the bottom, and somehow get a longer blanket."

DST is pointless, and ridiculous. And I still do it.

But I admit: This year, I was just fine with it, because it meant losing an hour of this awful winter. :laughing:

I don't need an alarm clock. I have kitties.

Yeah, see my cats are no good as alarm cats. Especially Zelda. She'll take her sweet time getting up, yawn, stretch, then look at me for a second before she just flops right back down to go back to sleep.

I always liked clocks in different locations but no so much any more.I have 5 wall clocks but one is atomic.Then there is 2 alarm clocks, the stove clock and the microwave clock. Add that to the 12 watches in my collection. The cars clocks can go screw,I am not changing them and they will be back on time in the fall.More Bacon is a must have.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back