chop chop! 1950 Mercury shoot

WTF?

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
had the opportunity today to shoot this very nicely modded 1950 mercury, freshly imported from the states.
now, i was told i would be shooting a 1950 "merc", and as any sensible person, i took "merc" to mean mercedes. needless to say i was a little taken aback when i walked into the studio to find this lowered, chop top, yank tank behemoth sitting there waiting for me. not to say it was a bad surprise...

5566874849_52328c040c_z.jpg

5567457766_c0c13ffaa1_z.jpg

5566874565_ee2af143e8_z.jpg

5567457482_c8aa334c62_z.jpg

5566874287_c29d2a2585_b.jpg

5566874159_1527806fe4_b.jpg

im still pretty new to automotive photography, but so far i'm loving it and only want to improve, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. (i think i cropped no. 5 a bit tight, but ive already uploaded it to flickr and cant be arsed changing it for now lol)

Yeah I don't think we say Merc here. We say Benz. I think you did awesome. Share some color ones?

No we say Merc....as in Mercury.

I dont like the ribbon at all. i think it takes away from the custom body work that went into the car. It just distracts from the lines. They look good. i would also be interested in seeing some color pics as well.

Merc has always been Mercury to me. Hard c, as in cold. Mercedes has a soft c, as is cellar.

I don't care for the ribbon either. Other than that, great shots!

Last edited by a moderator:
The ribbon....what is that there for?

Maybe the hood latch is broken?

Pretty sleek vehicle, I must say. And you managed to capture it in its full glory. LOL. The black and white effect that you've used suits the vehicle perfectly. I am not a big fan of the ribbon as well, but other than that these are great photos.

4 would have been so much better without the number plate. The fish eye really enhances it as well..

FWIW I use "Merc" as Mercedes and I'm from the states...I guess I'm in the minority...

That ribbon is just terrible. #2 would have been really good without the ribbon and license plate.
Nothing here really strikes me as fantastic. Sorry.

wow ! i am a huge fan of old cars like this one, really nice setup. the wide angle lens shot gave it a modern touch. nice job !

Excellent shots, but likewise, the ribbon is a killer.

Sparky, if you wanna talk about the Mercury Blues, it's gotta be Steve Miller.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome shots. Didn't notice the ribbon till I read the post? Merc is totally mercury. I never seen a Benz that was as cool as this car!

Most reactions

Back