What's new

Christmas shot with some self c/c

oldhippy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
4,835
Reaction score
6,557
Location
kentucky hills
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
020.jpg


To begin..I took 50 plus pictures and this was one I liked...BUT.. As I look at it I now see flaws..The ornament has the seam showing. maybe the composition
is wrong. I really try to improve. if you have some suggestion, I will be greatfull..if not I understand..just need to keep learning..thanks Old Hippy
 
Hi and welcome to TPF! I think the photo is an interesting idea overall. Maybe try to moving the subject out of the center of the frame to strengthen the composition. I see that you have decided to use the on camera flash. Personally I would try without and shoot on a tripod if you have one. Using the Christmas lights to light the subject.

Anyway I had a quick edit in cs6. I hope you don't mind.

I adjusted curves, levels, and vibrance. Then I Cropped some off. Did a small amount of burning on the leaves to the left of the ornament. Cloned out the reflection of the flash and one of the Christmas lights I found distracting. Then finished off with some local contrast enhancement via unsharp mask.

On a second look I think I should have left the ornament a bit brighter but you get the idea.

Again welcome to the forum.
 

Attachments

  • $020.webp
    $020.webp
    74.5 KB · Views: 171
_DSC0029.jpg


I really appreciate the edit..you folks are great..here's one with no flash from last night..BTW..I tried using that 35-2.8..on a cheap tipod..and got totally frustrated..but just got a nikon 70-300 vr2 for christmas..have to wait a while to fund the next thing..thanks again Old Hippy
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom