Church event

creative_one

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
UPDATED :
Hi Everyone,
I have a church event coming up that gives me the opportunity to experience first hand for the first time. ( photographing people).
The event is going to take place at sugar land city hall) outside at 5pm - 6pm. Here's the problem : it gets dark
( i seen the city hall at nite . It has some spot lights but i don't think there's enough light there to get really good pics taken fast with out having the exposure to take a long time. & i don't know if i should just a flash cause i don't want to have the kids mess up in a dance during the musical because i used a flash.?.? what should i do?) like around 5:45pm or so & i have photographed different things ( sky- trees-streets & sun sets) at night before & i know that at one point i would have to wipe out my tripod.
But how do i photograph a musical at night? any ideas? Any tips? guide lines?
I appreciate all the responses & tips to this question!
Thanks so much.

Last edited:
Churches are often notoriously poorly lit. Even if lighting is barely adequate, it might be top down, where hair is washed out but toward the floor it is dark. Camera angles may need to be pre-planned, depending on the location of the event within the church to consider background and location of windows.

Yes, you should definitely practice photographing people beforehand and particularly looking closely at them to figure out how to get a "flattering" shot of them. That can be more difficult than it seems. Camera angle and lighting can make a considerable difference.

skieur

Churches are often notoriously poorly lit. Even if lighting is barely adequate, it might be top down, where hair is washed out but toward the floor it is dark. Camera angles may need to be pre-planned, depending on the location of the event within the church to consider background and location of windows.

Yes, you should definitely practice photographing people beforehand and particularly looking closely at them to figure out how to get a "flattering" shot of them. That can be more difficult than it seems. Camera angle and lighting can make a considerable difference.

skieur
Thankz for the advice . The event is going to be outside at a city hall.

skieur
Thankz for the advice . The event is going to be outside at a city hall.

Well, outside, you will need to deal with shadows around the eyes and it may be worse on a very sunny day. A bright cloudy day would be best lighting wise. Outside you may have more problems with background and people getting in the way.

skieur

Most reactions

Back