Cleaning the lens with spectacle wipes

I use the Red 7.5 Giottos Rocket blower and only when needed I use LCD or Eyeglass Cleaner with a Microfiber cloth and it's very gentle.

Last edited:
Actually, the best way to prevent fungus is to use your gear. Get it out of the bag and expose it to daylight.

That is true, but we're talking about when you're not using it. The beautiful thing about my storage method is that its a one time purchase. The Silica Gel Pouches can be renewed simply by putting them in the oven and heating them up to expunge the absorbed vapour. It can last you for years without ever having to buy new ones. Its very economical.

Hey dude, thanks. I get what you're asking. If you do a search before you ask your questions, you'll find the other 57 threads that ask the same questions you have. Along with that comes the exact amount of answers to said questions. But, if that doesn't help, this should answer it for you.

Let me google that for you

We've talked about using google. Besides, it would defeat the purpose of having a Photography Equipment & Products section. Perhaps you should petition the forum to remove the possibility of asking questions and have frequently asked question place?

spoiled, you girls have it too easy.

Whomever is closest and cutest. It is my pickup line.

It's true!!!!!!!!!!!!

$Derrel Kay-Thor lens cleaning.jpg

I hereby vow to never clean a lens again. I will just toss out the dirty thing and go buy a new one.

I use a clean spot on my shirt. yolo.. I've never scratched a lens. *see also, derrel's link with the canon lens

OK enough fun lets get back on track.

kundalini said:
SNIP> Albeit, I will use the rocket blower first, IF ON HAND, but otherwise, a steamy breath across the front element and a swipe with my tee shirt and I'm done. The coating of modern lenses front element is very hard and not that susceptible to scratches. Even with minor scratches, any loss of IQ is not likely to be noticed.

THIS !!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ A thousand times, this ^^^^^^^^^. Seriously...100 percent, recently laundered, cotton T-shirt fabric actually cleans lenses using huffed breath about as well as a typical microfiber.

I really like when the things I do are validated by someone like Derrel...

What am I, chopped liver?

Everyone play nice.(and that includes the OP).

Consider that first and last warning.

They work, but if you use them your lenses will be asking to "borrow" money all the time...

Can dslr lenses be cleaned with those disposable tissue papers used for glasses? Does it harm the special coating on the lenses? The wipes are coated in a alcoholic substance..
They're soaked in alcohol (as in, isopropyl). You make it sound like they're soaked in Bloody Mary's or something, lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back