Cokin P Series and lens flare

Yeah, well...as a kid, there was the Lincoln Continental Mark IV, so I always wanted a lens hood that was equally elegant and stylish as that big, honkin' American-made car...
My dad had a Lincoln with suicide doors - so cool it was sick!

Putting the two ideas together suddenly had me wondering about fashioning a DIY set of barn doors for the Cokin holder... Hmmm...

Looking forward to it!
Tirediron, can you post an example of how bad the CA is? And how do you process it in post? I think I heard Lightroom had a feature for it?

(Lots of question marks in this one, also I was looking at your fancy lens hoods. I think this would out-fancy both of you)
TopHatAround1905.jpg

And you push the shutter release with the Mk IV cane?

Amazon.com: Cold Steel City Stick Walking Cane: Sports & Outdoors

here's my new look
2007_1_48.jpg

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking forward to it!
Tirediron, can you post an example of how bad the CA is? And how do you process it in post? I think I heard Lightroom had a feature for it?

(Lots of question marks in this one, also I was looking at your fancy lens hoods. I think this would out-fancy both of you)

That's a great lens hood. As for the CA, I'll have to dig through my files this evening and see if I can find some. PM me a reminder.

Okay they just arrived, ran outside to get a couple test shots real quick to post. Admittedly they aren't the best test shots, but a starting point.

#1 NO FILTER - Straight from camera (using Nikkor 18-55mm lens)

DSC_0043.jpg

100% Crop

100withoutnd.jpg

#2 Cokin Grad ND 8 (3 stop) FILTER - Straight from camera (using Nikkor 18-55mm lens) - notice the colours are a lot more saturated.

DSC_0045.jpg

100% Crop

100nd.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back