Comic con

The bottom line is go to the cosplay convention and experience yourself. Not all cosplayers are bad and making wrong accusation. If you find cosplay convention is a bit boring, you don't have to come back again.

I have, and I enjoyed it very much. Again, none of that is the point. I'm not talking about my ability (or anyone else), or lack there of in dealing with people respectfully. So focusing on that is ignoring the purpose of the thread.

Yea...but, but, but,.....I'm not assuming anything about you. The fact is sexual harassment did happen at comic con. These women have the right to speak up. Cosplay convention should be a safe place to have fun for both photographers and cosplayers.
True, but that doesn't make photographs sexual harassment. Which was the whole premise of this thread. The only thing that makes it seem that way is when people strap hang all the other behavior to it. If I take your photo, grope you and then say sexual comments, only the groping and comments are sexual harassment. The photo is purely harmless and authorized.

And thanks for not assuming. Lol

The complaints of sexual harassment seem to be linked with people trying to take shots of tits and arse, not general portraits or what most of us would consider as a photo.

Why does that matter? Regardless of your gender, groping and lewd comments would still be sexual harassment, while just taking your picture because of your costume would not be.

Sure, it's more of a problem for women, but it's not like men can't be harassed either.

I know I'm harassed a lot. But joking aside it's what those ettique skills come into play.

Reach out say hi an ask. I'm hoping to go to one before I become fully domesticated Oo

Come on!!! Doesn't this look fun!!! I want to play!

Last edited by a moderator:
My sister in-law attends the SDCC every year just to check out the cosplay action. I keep saying I'm going to go but something always pops up, this year I supposed to return to Colorado but ended up sick the whole week. Maybe next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
My sister in-law attends the SDCC every year just to check out the cosplay action. I keep saying I'm going to go but something always pops up, this year I supposed to return to Colorado but ended up sick the whole week. Maybe next year.

Well if Limr is going next year, I'll be there - no matter where it is or what it costs. I would never miss the opportunity of watching a bunch of guys dressed up in Jedi outfits getting beaten to death by an enraged professor/paralegal, are you kidding me?

Lol

So focusing on that is ignoring the purpose of the thread.
Then, is there an internet article that did really happen about being photographed the whole costume and accuse photographers as sexual harassment? I'm not ignoring the purpose of this thread. Just because people are wearing colorful costumes doesn't mean that photographers have express permission to photograph them. They have rights.

Then, is there an internet article that did really happen about being photographed the whole costume and accuse photographers as sexual harassment? I'm not ignoring the purpose of this thread. Just because people are wearing colorful costumes doesn't mean that photographers have express permission to photograph them. They have rights.

what rights would those be? the expectation of privacy in a huge room full of people who want attention at an event with no restrictions on camera use?

they don't need permission; the photographers have rights.

[/QUOTE]

I like Formula One, fishing, Photography, Mountain Biking, kayaking, heavy metal, snowboarding and a few other things.[/QUOTE]

Really? What a freakin weirdo. :lmao::biglaugh: Can't believe you left out bewbs. Must be a SoCali thing.

Okay, this was all fun until the harrasment and groping crap ruined it.
I read something about no gang bangers etc. Nope, just a bunch of perverts with cameras copping feels when they can. Where is security? Did this only happen at the San Diego thingy?

Side note - I saw Robbins friend at about 3.18 in the video Pix posted.

what rights would those be? the expectation of privacy in a huge room full of people who want attention at an event with no restrictions on camera use?

The cosplayers are doing for the photographers, of course they want attention, that is the reason they are there. The photographers have the privilege to photograph them, not to abuse it. Both photographers and cosplayers come to the convention to have fun and to avoid any problem. When I go to cosplay convention, I don't want any trouble that spoil my fun time. I rather go have fun and not having trouble.

The cosplayers are doing for the photographers, of course they want attention, that is the reason they are there. The photographers have the privilege to photograph them, not to abuse it. Both photographers and cosplayers come to the convention to have fun and to avoid any problem. When I go to cosplay convention, I don't want any trouble that spoil my fun time. I rather go have fun and not having trouble.

So really what we need here is a fight to the death in a pit of some sort.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back