Comic con

Uh...do I seem like the kind of woman who needs a man to come to my rescue?? I can handle the jackasses myself, thankyouverymuch :playball:

Oo...are you playing wonderwoman??

That's a meme fowl POW, OOOF, BAM!!

Sounds like a job for Batman. The Adam West batman, that is - none of those other sissies - the gold star original. I'm sure he'll have some Bat-JackAss repellent somewhere in his utility belt.

Uh...do I seem like the kind of woman who needs a man to come to my rescue?? I can handle the jackasses myself, thankyouverymuch :playball:

Hey now.. not just any man.. Batman.

And not just any Batman either... Adam West - the Batman.

But you know I wonder if that really qualifies as a man coming to the rescue.. I mean I think we all figured out a long time ago what that whole youthful ward deal was all about. Lol

If you are not a media photographer, then a cosplayer has a right to refuse to be photographed. If you keep stalking and photographing this particular cosplayer, then you will know what will happen. Better leave this cosplayer alone. I had come across a several cosplayers who refused to be photographed, and I respected them. I moved on and shoot other cosplayers.

If you are not a media photographer, then a cosplayer has a right to refuse to be photographed. If you keep stalking and photographing this particular cosplayer, then you will know what will happen. Better leave this cosplayer alone. I had come across a several cosplayers who refused to be photographed, and I respected them. I moved on and shoot other cosplayers.

Putting all the other behavior aside and just looking at the photography issue, if the photographer is just being an aggressive jerk in general to people of either gender, then I'd say it's just your garden-variety harassment. I agree that this kind of behavior shouldn't be lumped in together with sexual harassment. If a photographer is doing this only to women and trying to get shots under clothing, then that should be considered sexual harassment. I suppose it could be difficult, however, to enforce the rules and figure out when it's the former case or the latter.

Putting all the other behavior aside and just looking at the photography issue, if the photographer is just being an aggressive jerk in general to people of either gender, then I'd say it's just your garden-variety harassment. I agree that this kind of behavior shouldn't be lumped in together with sexual harassment. If a photographer is doing this only to women and trying to get shots under clothing, then that should be considered sexual harassment. I suppose it could be difficult, however, to enforce the rules and figure out when it's the former case or the latter.

I understand that, but better to avoid any further problem.

Yea...but, but, but,.....I'm not assuming anything about you. The fact is sexual harassment did happen at comic con. These women have the right to speak up. Cosplay convention should be a safe place to have fun for both photographers and cosplayers.
True, but that doesn't make photographs sexual harassment. Which was the whole premise of this thread. The only thing that makes it seem that way is when people strap hang all the other behavior to it. If I take your photo, grope you and then say sexual comments, only the groping and comments are sexual harassment. The photo is purely harmless and authorized.

And thanks for not assuming. Lol

The media vs enthusiast argument is mute. But I agree with you on one portion, if they don't want their photo taken.... Move on. The photo is going to suck anyway.

If I take your photo, grope you and then say sexual comments, only the groping and comments are sexual harassment.

Are you really talking to me? I'm a man, did you know that?

Why does that matter? Regardless of your gender, groping and lewd comments would still be sexual harassment, while just taking your picture because of your costume would not be.

Sure, it's more of a problem for women, but it's not like men can't be harassed either.

... it's not like men can't be harassed either.
I understood everything in this thread except for this line... :confused:

Is that really possible (I meant about the quote, just to be clear) !?

If I take your photo, grope you and then say sexual comments, only the groping and comments are sexual harassment.

Are you really talking to me? I'm a man, did you know that?

Why does that matter? Regardless of your gender, groping and lewd comments would still be sexual harassment, while just taking your picture because of your costume would not be.

Sure, it's more of a problem for women, but it's not like men can't be harassed either.

"lump sum of complaints of sexual harassment." I don't know how true is this.

I'm not talking specifically about the complaints made at this year's Comic Con, but of course men can be harassed. Sexual harassment is about exerting or trying to gain power over someone. This is not something solely experienced by women, just as rape does not only happen to women. It's overwhelmingly women who face these problems, but men can absolutely be victims as well.

Lol. Instead of trying to deflect the conversation by picking singular words or phrases out of it, you should read what was wrote for its content, then you could actually make a point.

Lol. Instead of trying to deflect the conversation by picking singular words or phrases out of it, you should read what was wrote for its content, then you could actually make a point.

I'm not deflecting conversation. It doesn't make sense.

The bottom line is go to the cosplay convention and experience yourself. Not all cosplayers are bad and making wrong accusation. If you find cosplay convention is a bit boring, you don't have to come back again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back