Complete noob... :D

Jovana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm a complete noob at photography. I'd like to start taking pictures of my surroundings, whether it is in the city or wherever. I have a very good offer for this camera and am wondering if it's CRAP or not..

Panasonic launches Lumix DMC-FZ40 / FZ45 digital superzoom: Digital Photography Review

I know it will probably be nothing for a pro but for a beginner, as a learning tool, will it suffice? =)

I live in SA at the moment and camera prices are EXORBITANT.

THANK YOU :hugs:

Edit: I should mention my last camera was a 6mp camera that I used exclusively when going out or with friends.
Edit: Can I add lenses to this or can you only use this lens on it?

This looks like a very good learning camera, however it is a 'bridge' camera, that is, one between a consumer point and shoot and a DSLR. It has a fixed (non-interchangable) lens, but one which covers a pretty extreme focal range.

Hi there,

I'm sorry to ask again... I was just looking through the sellers lists and he has a couple of other cameras that are in my price range. Can someone possibly tell me which one is the best one?

I really want to make the right choice...

Canon SX20 iS 12.1 Megapixel, 20x Stabilized Optical Zoom, HD Video

Nikon Coolpix P100 10 MP with 26x Optical VR Zoom and 3.0-Inch LCD (Black)

Olympus SP-800UZ SP800 14MP Digital Camera with 30x Dual Stabilized Zoom and 3.0 inch LCD

I've been looking at the prices and I'm paying double for it on our SA version of bidorbuy... BUT ... in the shops the Panasonic is going for $700... I'm going to buy it for $500... and in USA it's $350... or there about =)

Ah, it's so confusing! If anyone could shed some light, I'd be extremely happy =) I just saw the mentoring program and am definitely going to get into it. ^^

Most reactions

New Topics

Back