Composition

stocke2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was at the zoo, and the Girrafe would not turn around and come up to anyone, so I shot a couple pictures ayhow, and somthing about this one really grabbed me. I have tried cropping it a couple different ways, the bilboard you can see in the upper right knida bothers me. I would really like to get a large postdr sized print of this for my wall and have been trying to work on the composition as well as I can by cropping. I would appreciate everyones opinion on the picture and what I can do with it.

girrafe_back2.jpg

larger version is here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/stocke2/Zoo/photo#5054157020098180370

Hmmm... I not a real fan of the billboard either. What I do when I'm taking pictures (I have to with my camera only being 3.1 MP) is zoom in and out and put the subject into the four places of thirds (i.e. bottom right, bottom left, top left, and top right). I try both landscape and portrait framing. I do that so that hopefully I don't have to crop it or not much (because I can't really afford much cropping if I want a nice 8x10 out it at least by my standards). These days I almost never crop my shots unless I see a better shot. However... I did crop this one to give it more of a focus on the giraffe's butt; cause, I somewhat feel that's kind of why this picture was taken.

462247716_5c335dcfca.jpg

yes, thats basically it, when I saw it I was like damn, thats a big butt. and once I took a look at the pic once I got it home i really liked it, especially when you start looking closer and you can see the really interesting folds in his skin and all, that is one reason I was thinking it would make a nice poster sized print.

was thinking maybe I should crop the top and crop it as close in as I can go on the sides to keep from cropping any of the animal out and make a really tall print and make, don't really care how wide it ends up, mu uncle likes to make picture frames, if I need to could have him custom make one for the size.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back