Confused about custom white balance

if you have money,
there's always a solution

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Yeah, "in handy"...but i only have two of them. These things have to be held in place and angled. I would need super long arms, like that guy in Xmen. Again, one could buy a pet octopus and teach him to hold them around the bag.
Blu-Tac, pieces of wood, plastic, straws, bamboo garden stakes... you'd be surprised what you find in a product photographers tickle-trunk.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It makes me think that in 3d applications you can position any type of light anywhere in a 3d space. The lights in photo shop suck, they are only two dimensional.

It just pisses me off that these sort of canvas bags, I take one shot, and it's always good, but anything with shiny PVC or patent leather is killing me.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 171
Why are they shiny? Are they supposed to be shiny?

Why are they shiny? Are they supposed to be shiny?

Yes.. they are supposed to be shiny, however direct reflections on this material looks horrible. You do have a point though. You mean "Why use force when there's Vaseline"?

My point is that they're going to look shiny, so why not accept that?

Actually, I do understand that if you're getting the strong reflection of your lights in the material, so much so that people could tell what your lights look like, then maybe not.

In case you haven't gotten to the point in the book about using larger light sources, you might want to give that a try.

My point is that they're going to look shiny, so why not accept that?

Actually, I do understand that if you're getting the strong reflection of your lights in the material, so much so that people could tell what your lights look like, then maybe not.

In case you haven't gotten to the point in the book about using larger light sources, you might want to give that a try.

Yes i'm using large soft boxes with dual layer diffusion, very close to the bag. Do you have any better idea?

Maybe I'm going to re-instate my tent for these shinier bags, an extra layer of diffusion. Or may be buy sheets of translucent rigid plastic.

I have a problem. My strobes have been firing for no reason and they are not on slave. They are all on channel 4. Had the slave feature be turned on I would understand they fire for no reason, because we have some distant lightning in the area.
My camera is not even turned on?

Most reactions

Back