Confused about why so many of my dslr photos are going blurry

Thanks Captain Napalm, im not actually sure but ile have a look into it. PropilotBW the only trouble i have with lowering the iso is i have to slow the shutter down and it seems to add alot of blur

Maybe I'm missing something with the horse. Bright sunlight in the background and the horse is standing still. Should be easy to attain a nich sharp picture with an ISO of 100 or maybe 200. I would only consider using anything higher if the horse was actually moving and I wanted to do stop action (like sports type pictures). I tend to agree with the others the issues is where you're focusing and your aperature. Play around with those with a static model (a fence is a good example) to get an idea of how far your DOF goes at each aperature.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about for Fences

Attachments

• $Fences for DOF.jpg
    $Fences for DOF.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 75
It appears to me to just be missed focus. The hand in the lower left corner of the horse photograph appears to be in decent focus as does the girl's blouse on her left shoulder (camera right). That would indicate a rather narrow depth of field for f/5.6 at 135mm but it's what it looks like to me.

Have you been playing with your focus points so that you are focusing at the bottom of the image, or do you have some kind of auto-tracking focus mode enabled?
This is very clearly missed focus; both image contain sharp areas at the point of focus. I believe Canon has software which will show you which focus point(s) were active when the image was captured. Might be worth exploring that as a learning opportunity.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back