Confused

If those prints in the OP were caused by a light leak then it has to be the worst leak in history.

Most of the prints look like there wasn't even a lens on the camera and all of them look light struck to me.

Are you sure that film wasn't exposed to room light before or after you shot the roll? Did you rewind the film completely after shooting and before opening the camera? Did you open the camera after you shot some frames to make sure the film was advancing? Was it a new roll of film that had never been in a camera before?
I believe I did check to see if it was advancing, yes

Well, if you opened the back with the film mid-roll then that is the cause.

Film is light sensitive. It must always be kept in total darkness except for the actual intended exposure for the photo you intend to take. Opening the back with the film mid-roll exposes the film to light and ruins it (or at least a part of the roll).

To check if the film is advancing on your camera you only need look to see if the rewind knob turns when you advance the film. If it turns as you move the lever then the film is advancing.

I've gotten something like this when I've accidently popped open a camera. I slam it back shut right away and usually only lose a few frames (due to the film being exposed to the light). What's still in the canister might be OK to continue shooting.

I have to say when I first saw the photo the top part of it looked like some sort of abstract art... you could maybe do something interesting with these - seriously! If you felt inclined to make some sort of collage or something.

Actually a couple of them don't look like a total loss, there's one of some flowers that almost looks sepia tone. You could always crop to salvage at least part of what's in the frame.

Well, if you opened the back with the film mid-roll then that is the cause.

Film is light sensitive. It must always be kept in total darkness except for the actual intended exposure for the photo you intend to take. Opening the back with the film mid-roll exposes the film to light and ruins it (or at least a part of the roll).

To check if the film is advancing on your camera you only need look to see if the rewind knob turns when you advance the film. If it turns as you move the lever then the film is advancing.
Okay, thank you! I thought that the rest of the roll would've been safe, but I guess not haha.

I've gotten something like this when I've accidently popped open a camera. I slam it back shut right away and usually only lose a few frames (due to the film being exposed to the light). What's still in the canister might be OK to continue shooting.

I have to say when I first saw the photo the top part of it looked like some sort of abstract art... you could maybe do something interesting with these - seriously! If you felt inclined to make some sort of collage or something.

Actually a couple of them don't look like a total loss, there's one of some flowers that almost looks sepia tone. You could always crop to salvage at least part of what's in the frame.
Yeah I actually thought about that!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back