Coolpix P1000 - oooh baby!!!

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am a big bridge camera fan and my old FUJI is starting to get a bit worn after 6 years of great service.
There is a P1000 with my name on it when I finish up my current overseas contract. I cannot wait to get my hands on it.

Nikon COOLPIX P1000 Super-telephoto digital camera

Has a 3,000-mm equivalent lens according to Nikon...shoots RAW images, and 4k video, has stabilization... Ought to be a fun camera. I have seen some Nikon promo materials for one of these cameras...that super-long lens offers some interesting image making potential.

Looks like a very nice Bridge camera, its a pity about the tiny sensors in this type of camera though.....

I am a big bridge camera fan and my old FUJI is starting to get a bit worn after 6 years of great service.
There is a P1000 with my name on it when I finish up my current overseas contract. I cannot wait to get my hands on it.

Nikon COOLPIX P1000 Super-telephoto digital camera
I seen that yesterday. Man that is some crazy focal range. I suppose if you can stabilize it, it should produce some decent images at long focal lengths.

There will be no point hand holding at 3000mm..................:)

Total spy camera haha

I'm waiting for the reviews to say the images are blurry at 3000mm because they are probably hand holding it in low light.

What were they thinking? Hard to see this loser enhancing Nikon's brand equity. Have shot Nikon forever but have to ask now what stars they're navigating by when low/no demand products like this are touted as breakthroughs. Hope their first serious foray into large sensor MILCs erases any memory of this silliness.

What were they thinking? Hard to see this loser enhancing Nikon's brand equity. Have shot Nikon forever but have to ask now what stars they're navigating by when low/no demand products like this are touted as breakthroughs. Hope their first serious foray into large sensor MILCs erases any memory of this silliness.
it is rather ridiculous

You’re not the target audience. It will sell well for the astronomy and safari crowd.

There will be no point hand holding at 3000mm..................:)

The camera offers a vibration reduction system...have you not actually SEEN what this camera can actually DO, in the real world? It's a very long focal length lens...which in effect, "brings distant things close to the photographer".

The P900 offered a 2,000-mm equivalent lens....this goes farther! 24mm-3,000mm equivalent, or 125x optical ratio, plus more in terms of digital zooming.

Nikon P1000 Review

I nearly bought the P900 when they first came out.
But once I got it in hand .. it's NOT a small body. It was bigger than my DSLR body (and I use FX). Do not expect to put it in a large purse unless it's the only thing in there, a backpack okay.

The lens diameter is that of a f/1.4 lens but only houses small aspherical lenses to get to that 2,000mm (or more now).

Also there were other limiting factors compared to a DSLR. But for reach in ONE system it was pretty good. And now they added RAW file support.

Yes--the P1000 is a 3-pound, all-in-one rig: the weight is reasonable considering rhe 125x optical zoom and 24mm to 3,000mm equivalent focal lengths. How much weight would be needed to carry a D800 and the lenses tequired for a 24 to 3000 mm lens range? That is exactly why a 3 pound camera is actually not that heavy when considering the lens lengths that it offers. Of course, this is a pretty sizable camera.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back